Author Topic: Glass material advice needed  (Read 3454 times)

2020-03-16, 10:00:29

Moataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Hi guys
i'd like to be advised by anyone have experience with glass materials.
i need this kind of glass to remake this product with same glass materials.

Thanks in advance guys

2020-03-16, 14:40:09
Reply #1

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You have no conscience! Asking help for a freelance contest. Maybe you will ask for scene because our community so kind?

2020-03-16, 17:04:30
Reply #2

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You have no conscience! Asking help for a freelance contest. Maybe you will ask for scene because our community so kind?

Hmmm? I'm confused. What are you referring to and accusing him of? Is there some more context you can provide?

2020-03-16, 17:22:40
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-03-16, 17:59:32
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am referring to this contest https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Create-D-images-for-cosmetic-jars-cartons-1747236

These kinds of "contests" are so sad.. It's sourcing free work and one person will get 100 bucks? And with NDA?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2020-03-16, 19:04:06
Reply #5

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile

In this forum you can find many people who asked for help for their work, I suppose.

2020-03-16, 19:43:22
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yeap, there's nothing wrong with asking for help, unlike seeking for free workers with fake contests.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-03-16, 20:31:30
Reply #7

Moataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Sad that u see it that way..and dont know whats wrong !
I already finished everything except glass matrial

2020-03-16, 20:54:53
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think the glass is coated from outside with semi translucent paint. I would try coloured refraction with low refraction glossiness.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-03-16, 21:03:27
Reply #9

Moataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
I am referring to this contest https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Create-D-images-for-cosmetic-jars-cartons-1747236

These kinds of "contests" are so sad.. It's sourcing free work and one person will get 100 bucks? And with NDA?
We r kinda poor and this is how we earn livings LOL

2020-03-16, 21:07:18
Reply #10

Moataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
I think the glass is coated from outside with semi translucent paint. I would try coloured refraction with low refraction glossiness.
Thanks as always..
will try and test ;)

2020-03-16, 22:33:26
Reply #11

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeap, there's nothing wrong with asking for help, unlike seeking for free workers with fake contests.
You wouldn’t say that if you participated in this contest ;)

One thing when you helping to learn something, and different story if you making job for him what he can't complete.

if you can't make the job don't take it, does this make sense?

2020-03-16, 23:01:36
Reply #12

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

We r kinda poor and this is how we earn livings LOL

My issue isn't per se with the sum (let's say it's lot more), but that it masquerades as contest when it is factually free labor.
If 20 people join this "contest", 19 will be unpaid.

I have personal issue with contests as well... but at least in most of them you do it to improve your skills, receive prestige (no NDA bullshit) and there are multiple categories to win.
I still think those are waste of time...but those are legit competitions.

The concept is issue. Even for platforms like this... a portfolio should be representative enough to choose who you assign job. Just like it works in every single other facet of economy.

I understand getting work may not be easy for many, but if I had to choose between free work for someone (and not even being able to show it!), and free work for myself, I would rather work on my portfolio, on project of my own choice, that no one just me would profit.
And would solicit work using that work.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2020-03-17, 00:14:27
Reply #13

Moataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
You wouldn’t say that if you participated in this contest ;)

One thing when you helping to learn something, and different story if you making job for him what he can't complete.

if you can't make the job don't take it, does this make sense?
I knew that somehow u r involved in this and afraid to lose or something! LOL
no hard feelings but i generally dont do that but the glass caught my attention and liked to know how we may get this awesome effect  that's all.
this is my works in Behance: https://www.behance.net/tzzaeno8caf
so u dont think im just a loser or a thief or something

2020-03-17, 00:22:28
Reply #14

Moataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Juraj

you r right 100% .. i am free and this my first time to participate and said to myself why not do this box in higher detail than i normaly do.. thats all