Author Topic: Size of IR window and image  (Read 2733 times)

2020-01-21, 16:56:40

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all - can you confirm whether its me being stupid or not - but the IR floating window and image always seems to be 2x actual size of output resolution - so I can't fit a 1080p image on the screen on my 4k monitor (I have to scroll the image around in the window). Is there a way to resize this that I've missed? Zoom in magnifier icon works but zoom out doesn't in the toolbar.

Cheers!

2020-01-21, 16:58:46
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
IR should be the same size as the output resolution (for now) - there's a bit extra of course for the VFB UI itself, but the image should be the same size as the output. So, based on this, your final render VFB is half the size of your IR VFB?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-01-21, 16:59:23
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
PS - which OS, which version of C4D, which version of Corona.
PPS - Yes, you can't zoom out any further than the native output resolution

2020-01-21, 17:04:50
Reply #3

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks!

Sorry - yes - Win 10 C4d R21.115 latest Corona 5 with hotfix.

I just experimented - and what I hadn't realised was that had to stop the IR, resize the floating window then start the IR again to make it think about it. What seemed to be happening was that it was always zooming to fill a massive IR window.

Cheers

2020-01-21, 21:00:58
Reply #4

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Strike that... still confused... IR is definitely double the pixels (magnified) - are there any settings anywhere? Could it be to do with hi-dpi c4d and 4k display?

Cheers

2020-01-21, 21:28:43
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, 4K display, probably. Image Upscaling has probably been used - see attached image, change that back to 1 if you like.

The idea of upscaling is that you can continue to render a smaller resolution in IR, but then magnify it with upscaling to make it easier to see on high dpi displays (the smaller resolution lets IR remain faster).

2020-01-25, 17:51:23
Reply #6

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom,

The preference setting helped... and I now have a much better understanding of the IPR window. Just getting to grips with after spending the last 2 years in Redshift :-)