Author Topic: Freeze on Parsing  (Read 2609 times)

2019-09-26, 14:19:23

PastaJackal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, thanks for reading

Our studio has been having a few issues lately with scenes hanging at the parsing stage when sent over backburner (no DR). The only pattern we've observed is that the scenes fail to get past the parsing stage when motion blur is enabled. But this is also a gamble as it isn't always the case. Are there any suggested workarounds or things to look out for with this? Motion blur is needed unfortunately.

Details on the scene: Shopping centre. Heavy use of Xrefs with multiple forestpacks within each. Most assets are proxied. In this case we are also using Anima to produce a timelapse effect with motion blur.

3ds max 2019
Corona 4.1

Thank you!

2019-09-26, 16:24:18
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is the same issue happening when Backburner is not used?
Is it the same if all assets are stored locally instead of on the network?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-09-27, 12:55:18
Reply #2

TendorHelbjorn

• Users
    • View Profile
So after a day of testing, we've come to suspect that Anima is the culprit. Rendering with motion blur over Backburner hangs on parsing, rendering locally only works when Anima isn't included in the scene or when rendered by itself. So there seems to be some sort of conflict there. There is also a zero scale error message that pops up some of the time for anima which we suspected was the cause, but this is also really hard to pinpoint. We've attempted many isolation tests with anima alone, anima with a simple xref (empty scene) etc and still can't render.

2019-09-27, 16:48:55
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is there a chance you could share the problematic scene, or a part of it, with us?
Here is how: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
The reason is that some users reported some issues with Anima, but we were never able to reproduce them (it just worked).

Thanks in advance and I hope we will solve this.

2019-09-28, 14:26:23
Reply #4

PastaJackal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks maru for the reply. As mentioned, it looks to be a combination of anima + xref + motion blur that causes issues. We managed to merge in all xref's into the scene and get some renders going but it can still be unreliable as I've spent the day attempting to get a working scene to render on a near identical computer.

I'll arrange to get a scene uploaded in the next week to you. Thanks!

2019-09-30, 17:10:34
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Great, please let me know in this thread once the file is uploaded. Thanks a lot!

2019-10-18, 03:40:52
Reply #6

TendorHelbjorn

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey Maru,

I've uploaded a scene file via the dropbox uploader.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2019-10-18, 03:52:45 by TendorHelbjorn »