Author Topic: Cxr in animaiton  (Read 4084 times)

2019-07-31, 17:57:05

aref3dsmax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I have a scene with some render element.
how can I render with animation just cxr version with all element ( all in one CXR file )

and another question
when I had a sequence with CXR file how can import composite program like after of premiere?

2019-07-31, 18:02:43
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
From Max, you just choose CXR (Corona EXR) in the Max save dialog. From C4D, it's not currently possible as you can't save from the Picture Viewer to CXR.

Quick question, why CXR and not EXR? You'd only need CXR for denoising or LightMix in the CIE, and if you are loading into After Effects or Premiere, you'd have to rename all the files to EXR anyway (which is how you'd import them into those programs, change the file extension :) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-07-31, 19:53:29
Reply #2

aref3dsmax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi dear tom . you are really good guy and help people.

yes cxr for light mixer. I think CXR like vrimage file. thay keep all information from render

i have a animation and want give to render farm.

2019-07-31, 19:58:55
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I guess the question would be how you were going to use LightMix in the animation - it's only possible to use it via the CIE, which would mean manually processing each frame, or via the batch script processing with the CIE, in which case you could apply a single lightmix set up to all the frames (but, you could do that before rendering anyway and render to a different format....)

So there's no way to animate the LightMix settings. You can of course do this manually, simply by rebuilding layers in PS, AE or Premiere, but then you can do that from EXR - either render straight to EXR and the LightSelect layers should still be there and you can build them up in the editing application (Linear Add to blend each LightSelect), and then you can adjust either the opacity of each layer, or manipulate its exposure, or multiply a layer by a color, to manipulate their brightness and color in your editing software.

EDIT - or render to CXR and just batch rename them to EXR, then build up the layers as before.

Hard to say though, without knowing what your planned workflow is :)

ANOTHER EDIT - also, depends on whether you are making an animation from a single still, or whether you mean apply LightMix to an animation (e.g. with a moving camera). A single still is easy enough, same process, load up the EXR into your editing app, build the layers using Linear Add, etc.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us