Author Topic: image upscaling factor location  (Read 4745 times)

2019-06-17, 18:15:50

marobaro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys.
Congrats on yet another great release! But, since things can always get better...
Could you move "image upscaling factor" from "system settings" to VFB toolbar? Why? Because it takes too many clicks for something that keeps on getting changed (between 1 and 2) very, very often.
That would also be very natural place for the button(s), as the feature is entirely to do with VFB.
Many thanks,
Marek

2019-06-17, 23:31:24
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think there's much more people who don't need upscaling and bringing that UI element to VFB, would be rather distracting for them.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-06-18, 00:27:46
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Well it's also feature people might avoid using when they have to switch between VFB and Settings.

No strong opinion but its place in VFB would be similarly justified to denoising checkbox when both are used in IR.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-06-26, 11:59:30
Reply #3

marobaro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's what I meant Juraj. The up-scaling feature is buried so deep it is tedious to use. But it is a great, time saving feature for anyone on 4k (or more) screens. So, for camera placement, objects placement, and lighting setup - upscale. For work on materials and detail - 1:1. And there are lots of times when you need to switch quickly between the two. A button "1:1/2:1" on top of a VFB seems ideal.   

2019-06-26, 13:00:44
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
The question here is: Would you really switch/change this setting during work frequently? Or adjust it for a specific workstation once? It is a system setting currently after all. Meaning: It's stored locally on the current computer (valid for all scenes) to adjust certain stuff which is not scene, but hardware dependent (here: high dpi displays vs. standard displays). Usually hardware does not change as fast and it would be the first system setting breaking out of it's box :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-07-03, 10:47:38
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If anyone would really like to have this parameter exposed better: can you explain why exactly would you want to change it frequently? Would it be something like "quick preview" and "full" mode in IR for you?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-03, 14:35:33
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Would it be something like "quick preview" and "full" mode in IR for you?

Yup, that's a good way to put it.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-07-10, 11:30:02
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Logged for the devs to evaluate.

(internal id=372652262)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-10, 19:00:45
Reply #8

marobaro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@maru  You have described it perfectly. This button, on the VFB top bar, would be a quick switch between up-scaled "preview" mode (e.g. for lighting setup, view finding), and full-res (shader and detail work).
Contrary to Frood's post this setting gets changed quite a bit, and would see even more use if if were't hidden in settings.