Author Topic: [Solved] Corona Crash - Error Opening Max - Corona Renderer Init Scripts  (Read 17686 times)

2019-06-17, 04:11:44

NikaNikitina

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Maxscript Auto-load Script Error  - Exception Access Violation ....

Max crashes, seems random and not tied to corona in a replicable way, when re-opening Max, get the following error. Currently only reinstalling Corona 4 gets rid of the error. Cycle repeats due to no discernable specific action.  Deleting ENU folder has no effect.

---------------------------
MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2019\scripts\startup\CoronaRenderer_InitScripts.ms Exception
-- Known system exception
-- ########################################################################
-- Address: 0x53b57c3a; nCode: 0x00000000C0000005
-- Desc: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
--       Read of Address: 0x0000000000000020
OK   

« Last Edit: 2023-02-23, 10:03:00 by Aram Avetisyan »

2019-06-17, 14:21:21
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us, I haven't been able to reproduce this behaviour.

What I'd suggest is to remove the script "CoronaRenderer_InitScripts.ms" manually and try to uninstall/reinstall Corona and see if that fixes the issue.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-06-17, 17:52:17
Reply #2

NikaNikitina

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Removed script manually, reinstalled. No issues for 20 or so minutes. On open of new instance of Max(nothing open in background), same issue. Reopened new instance, same issue. Uninstalled via remove program, fresh install, issue fixed for 10 or so minutes ... then happens again. Downgraded to last version before upgrade, no issues so far.

Anything else I can try so that you can have more info? I'd be able to reinstall and test later this evening once I complete work for the day using 3.

2019-06-17, 17:57:35
Reply #3

NikaNikitina

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Just in case, yes I did restart after installs and even tried after program removal.

2019-06-18, 11:10:39
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Unfortunately we still do not fully understand what is causing this, and whether it is related to Corona at all (only a tiny fraction of users is experiencing this).
Here are things to try:
- Are you running 3ds Max with some special settings? Like admin rights, custom priority, custom affinity? If so, can you try reverting to defaults?
- The main error means pretty much "maxsript tried to do something it shouldn't do with RAM". This *might* indicate that something is wrong with your RAM. How much RAM do you have, and what is your RAM usage when the issue appears? Have you recently added/removed/replaced some RAM sticks?
- For one user the solution was to replace their graphics card. Can you try this? (if you have a spare GPU, or if you can swap GPUs in two computers) Or remove a GPU and use the integrated one (if possible).
- Are you using some additional startup scripts and/or plugins? For example VFB+, see: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18584.msg116500#msg116500
- Have you tried removing the script from startup folder? (without removing Corona) - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=14223.msg91335#msg91335
- Make sure all 3ds Max updates are installed (e.g. through the Autodesk Desktop App)
- Uninstall and re-install 3ds Max

Also, is this happening only if you launch a 2nd instance of 3ds Max, while another one is already running? Or just: start 3ds max (starts normally) > close 3ds Max > start 3ds Max again (problem appears) ?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-08-01, 13:32:58
Reply #5

Rokas

• Users
    • View Profile
I have same issue too. very annoying.

- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2019\scripts\startup\CoronaRenderer_InitScripts.ms; position: 7177; line: 179
-- MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2019\scripts\startup\CoronaRenderer_InitScripts.ms Exception:
-- Known system exception
-- Address: 0x8cea8e7a; nCode: 0x00000000C0000005
-- Desc: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
--       Read of Address: 0x0000000000000068
-- MAXScript callstack:
--   thread data: threadID:6080
--   ------------------------------------------------------
--   [stack level: 0]
--   In top-level
-- C++ callstack:
-- (MAXScrpt): (filename not available): HashTable::get

2019-08-09, 17:14:21
Reply #6

lofish

• Users
    • View Profile
Ok, this happened to me after changing "Custom UI and Defaults Switcher" from Max.vray to Max

2019-08-15, 13:48:18
Reply #7

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm still unable to reproduce this issue. Would you be able to provide a screen capture of what you are doing when this happens?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-26, 22:01:16
Reply #8

lofish

• Users
    • View Profile
Just opening Max. Notice that Corona Menu is missing from the menu bar.

2019-08-27, 08:44:19
Reply #9

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am still unable to reproduce this issue. Did you try the steps which Maru recommended above?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-27, 17:44:55
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Unfortunately the only reliable solution to this we know of is resetting the enu folder. This seems to be a 3ds Max issue rather than Corona one:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resetting-3ds-Max-3ds-Max-Design.html
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-01-06, 13:22:01
Reply #11

lightfield

• Users
    • View Profile
I also had this on Max2019 and I can confirm resetting the Workspace works.

2020-02-28, 07:06:51
Reply #12

oliveremley@me.com

• Users
    • View Profile
So i had this exact same issue and managed to resolve it for now by solve it by switching the custom UI default start up from DesignVIZ.ART to Max.Vray in the Custom Default switcher dialog