Author Topic: Graphics Card for Corona + 3ds Max  (Read 9906 times)

2019-05-22, 18:18:02

LeaBul

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

Could you please recommend the modt suitable graphics card for Corona and 3ds Max?

I was thinking about GTX1080Ti but its not available anymore and feel like the 2080Ti migh not be necessary as Corona uses CPU not GPU?

Which one would you recommend? I will be using it for architectural renders as a freelancer.
Many thanks

LEA

2019-05-22, 18:53:37
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think 1660Ti 6GB would be plenty enough, unless you're constantly dealing with huge scenes with lots of highres textures, in that case you may want to look for a card with more memory.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-06-19, 18:16:42
Reply #2

Charlie Nicols

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We always use and still buy the 1080TI. I still see many of them on Amazon ect?

2019-06-19, 18:58:16
Reply #3

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
2080ti prices might be dropping soon with the 2080ti Plus (or whatever its called) coming out soon

2019-07-02, 11:59:05
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I would say this is purely dependent on the budget. Just buy the graphics card with the highest benchmark scores you can afford. Or you can also consider other properties, such as power consumption.
It probably makes sense to get an NVIDIA card, because you will then be able to use the Optix denoiser.
It probably does not make sense to use multiple GPUs in SLI/NVLINK/other configurations, as the Optix denoiser sometimes throws errors in such systems. This should be fixed in the newer version, though (which will be implemented in Corona ASAP).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us