Author Topic: LightMix >Scene not exactly converting  (Read 732 times)

2019-05-08, 12:27:36

aramavet

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys!

My first post but not the first bug I found :)
I have seen a similar topic from March 19th, 2019 but haven't seen it reported here. I would also like to mention few details about the LightMix >Scene conversion.
It seems that >Scene works pretty fine with CoronaLights but does quite unpredictable job with CoronaLightMtls. Basically the scene values get multiplied with the LightMix values and, as I checked, it was correctly converted for the Light objects (for example something with 350 intensity and 0.5 in LightMix got 175 intensity) but for the CoronaLightMtl the conversion landed odd numbers (something with 3500 intensity and 0.5 in LightMix got 0.0135 value). Also, as I noticed, there is conversion error/limitation for the Environment and specifically CoronaSky map. For example, I have a purple tint to Environment which was not correctly passed to scene as by 3Ds Max and Corona maps parameter there is no way to directly change the sky tint to purple. You can see the LightMix and >Scene-ed renders attached to this post.

Cheers,
Aram

2019-05-16, 15:35:48
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for reporting this. We will take a closer look at the >Scene conversion.
Could you possibly send us any scene (even very simple) where this can be observed?
You can use the uploader from my signature. Thanks in advance!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us