Author Topic: looking for general info on CFB when doing animation  (Read 683 times)

2019-04-01, 19:32:18

tom182

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I have swapped form Vray to Corona and love the lightmixer, I have a couple of basic questions on Corona workflow.

please advise if my understanding is correct using the following example:
e.g. I have a studio scene with a few lights in it and when rendering I tweak the lightmixer to get the desired look, so within the CFB the only image I am interested in is "filename_Lightmix" as the beauty pass looks nothing like what I want so I wont spend any time on it in post.
I save out the lightmix file as a cxr or png and do some post work on it. job done??

If I am rendering out an animation using 'camera_1' I need to save all the lightmixer light passes (via render elements), 3DMax will save out the beauty pass from the 'render output>common>filename' but again its the Lightmix images i am interested in and not the beauty pass so I ignore these beauty passes.
If I want to render a different camera angle (using "camera 2") of the animation i need to make sure i change name to "filename_Lightmix_'camera_2"  so it doesnt overwrite the original  "filename_Lightmix_camera_1"

hope this makes sense
Thanks
T

2019-04-02, 17:30:36
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, everything sounds correct.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com