Author Topic: [Solved] Corona bitmap fails to load file if its path contains non Latin letters  (Read 1690 times)

2019-03-18, 07:58:10

goldfish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When testing Corona 3.1, I suddenly found that it could not read the EXR picture format, and the bitmap of MAX can be read normally.I noticed that other people in the forum also found this problem and have not received a definitive reply.
PS: win10 system, 3dsmax2017, 2019
I have let others tested it and can't read it. This problem seems to exist in version 3.0 as well.

moderator edit: changed title to better describe the issue.
« Last Edit: 2023-03-06, 10:55:28 by Aram Avetisyan »

2019-03-18, 10:06:56
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Please provide unreadable EXR file, so Corona team could fix the issue. If file can't be shared publicly, then please use Corona private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Moving topic to bug reporting.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-03-18, 10:47:31
Reply #2

goldfish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This situation is not a specific file, nor a specific EXR file, but all scenes, including the default blank scene. I used to do a material library for ambient light. At the time, the Corona version was 1.7 and everything was fine. But after changing the new version of the test, I found this problem. I also tried to change other EXR files. The Corona bimap also could not read the display format error. Today I let other friends confirm that they have encountered the same. So I want to know if this is a bug or a special case.

2019-03-18, 11:42:16
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Could you try to move your EXR file to a folder who's path contains only Latin letters and see if Corona bitmap loads the file?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-03-18, 13:32:44
Reply #4

goldfish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you very much. I just tested it and can read it normally in the English path. This indicates that the new version is not compatible with the path names of some languages.