Author Topic: Licence Question  (Read 2772 times)

2019-02-19, 10:29:30

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I alternate between two machine when using cinema 4d. One in the office and one in my home office. Is it ok to switch one corona licence between the two machines and also is this an easy process?

Thanks,

Phil

2019-02-19, 10:44:01
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I'm not the helpdesk but... As long as Corona is not in use on one of the locations you can use it on the  other. Just close Cinema 4D when you go off work and you can use that same license at home. Again, in that case nobody should / can use the office version as long as you are logged in at home.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-02-19, 10:55:18
Reply #2

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
excellent, thanks. That is perfect, only I use both machines so only one is in use at any time.

Thanks,

Phil

2019-02-19, 14:03:45
Reply #3

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One other question on this, can I switch to a daily build and back to my licensed copy whenever I want to?

2019-02-19, 14:07:16
Reply #4

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, now I have bought a couple of licences, how do I use the nodes

Thanks,

Phil

2019-02-19, 14:10:18
Reply #5

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
One other question on this, can I switch to a daily build and back to my licensed copy whenever I want to?

Yes. Unlike the betas, which will be discontinued after this week, the daily builds have the same licensing as the stable releases. So you will be able to use any version that you'll like

2019-02-19, 14:52:03
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, now I have bought a couple of licences, how do I use the nodes

Thanks,

Phil

Corona works with Team Render in the same way as any other render engine, and we recommend MAXON's own tutorials and guides on how to use Team Render.

The one detail that is Corona-specific is our licensing server, which is what lets you use the nodes (1 Workstation license by default allows up to 3 render nodes). You can read about the licensing server at https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/5000618553-corona-licensing-server - basically, by running the Corona Licensing Server, any machines running Cinema 4D in Client mode will be able to verify you have the 1 main Workstation license and will use that to enable Corona to render.

There are more details on what a node license is at https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/5000650528-what-is-a-node-license-

A question for you - you mention "Now that I have bought a couple of licenses". To check, since we don't want you to have spent money that you didn't need to have spent, do you mean you bought 1 Workstation with its accompanying Node licenses, or do you mean you bought more than 1 actual Workstation licenses? You only need more than 1 purchased license if you are going to have more than 1 computer running C4D in full mode (not Client mode), and will have both computers in use at the same time. In other words:

- If there are two people in your team, and each may be using Corona in Cinema 4D at the same time, you need two purchased licenses
- If there is one person in your team, but that 1 person will be rendering using the main computer and up to 3 render nodes (machines that are just running the Cinema 4D client), you only need the 1 purchased license. The nodes do not need a full, purchased license to work, as they are covered by your single main license.

Thanks!
   Tom
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-02-19, 15:53:45
Reply #7

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
- If there are two people in your team, and each may be using Corona in Cinema 4D at the same time, you need two purchased licenses
- If there is one person in your team, but that 1 person will be rendering using the main computer and up to 3 render nodes (machines that are just running the Cinema 4D client), you only need the 1 purchased license. The nodes do not need a full, purchased license to work, as they are covered by your single main license.

Thanks!
   Tom
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, it is the license server bit I was unclear about.

Regarding the purchasing of the software, I have purchased two as there are indeed two of us. Can I render on 6 nodes with two licenses?

2019-02-19, 16:07:12
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, it will give you up to 6 nodes that you can use at a time (including one machine using all 6 nodes, if you see what I mean - doesn't have to be "3 nodes for this machine, 3 nodes for that" :) ). And perfect, sounds like you have the right set up for your situation, ty for confirming! Didn't want you paying extra for licenses you really didn't need, but you have it all just right!

2019-02-21, 13:12:23
Reply #9

Evolist_ua

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, is there a free version planned (If yes, then with what restrictions)? When installing any version (Corona Renderer 3 (hotfix 1), previous beta builds or Corona Render 4 Daily Builds ) displays the final license date 02/22/2019 (that is, tomorrow).

2019-02-21, 14:22:41
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A free version is planned, but it will be some time away before it is available. When it is available, it will be based on an older iteration of the development, so will have many features missing (just like the permanently free 3ds Max version, which is based on an early Alpha so does not have all the features even of the 1st version of Corona for Max).