Author Topic: Silence II  (Read 2772 times)

2018-12-18, 01:32:17

ASaarnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Highlight
Hello!

This is a personal project I finished a while ago right before going to travel in SE Asia. I´m back now (with too many ideas to work on in 3D) and sharing this image.
The boys are inspired by Piotr Jabłoński´s Tomcat series which I´ve enjoyed for a long time. All his work is pure inspiration.

2018-12-18, 09:29:20
Reply #1

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Love it, mate!

Great to see something entirely original here
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2018-12-18, 13:54:49
Reply #2

ASaarnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Highlight
Love it, mate!

Great to see something entirely original here
Thanks!

2018-12-18, 17:19:37
Reply #3

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But when you resize the window with the picture, somewhere in the middle-left, you get moire effect because the lines are a little too straight. I don't think you would get moire from natural lines of wheat.

2018-12-21, 12:32:12
Reply #4

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice, did the corona scatter at this scale kill your system or are you using texturing for the background fields?

2018-12-27, 14:56:45
Reply #5

ASaarnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Highlight
But when you resize the window with the picture, somewhere in the middle-left, you get moire effect because the lines are a little too straight. I don't think you would get moire from natural lines of wheat.
Wheat is planted in quite straight distinct lines actually, but moire effect happens in my image because I intentionally made my background wheat forest more sparse to make lines visible. In the real world, these lines would be all mixed together this far.

2018-12-27, 15:02:24
Reply #6

ASaarnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Highlight
Very nice, did the corona scatter at this scale kill your system or are you using texturing for the background fields?
It´s all rendered. I used different forest objects for fore-, mid and background, it was easier to manage this way. It was fine with my 64gb ram, although I didn´t optimize much. I made wheat myself with Growfx and it was too tempting to make a lot of different objects just by clicking new seed number. I made 20+ different wheat objects which all are about 200K polys. I optimized background objects down to about 50K polys. I think it would have been totally fine with maybe 2-4 usual wheats, 2 bended wheats for the edge of the path and 2 harvested wheats. There´s only under 7M items in forest objects actually.