Author Topic: Corona DR - Cannot contact 3Ds Max, try again ...  (Read 8013 times)

2018-12-11, 02:06:55

janci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HI, has anyone come across this message while distributed rendering? I am trying it on 2 slaves and both slaves return the same message in the log. The slaves return 0 updates and 0 passes and they show parsing scene then Connection failed and this goes on repeatedly.
I am attaching the logs + screenshot of the exr that is saved
Can anyone please advise what the problem might be?
thanks!

2018-12-11, 14:30:45
Reply #1

janci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"Have you tried turning it OFF and back ON? "

Didnt find the solution, but seems to work after restarting the computer :)

2018-12-12, 11:44:15
Reply #2

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
Which computer did you restart to make it work? Try, if you can, to disable any firewalls or antivirus software you may have on the workstation and the nodes and see if it occurs again.

2019-04-05, 18:37:40
Reply #3

ChipIV

• Users
    • View Profile
I am running into a similar "cannot contact 3Ds Max" issue. I have 3 workstations and 3 nodes. I can successfully tie in the workstations to participate in distributed rendering but the nodes refuse to stay connected and give me the "cannot contact 3ds max" error. The other 2 workstations are able to successfully tie in the nodes for distributed so it seems only one workstation is having this issue.

I'm very confused because just tried using another max file and the nodes seem to be working as normal...so it looks like it is something in this specific max file that is preventing the nodes to stay connected.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2019-04-10, 14:52:29
Reply #4

TangibleVisual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've just had something similar and posted on it..

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=24380.0

Perhaps it will help you.

2019-07-14, 18:13:34
Reply #5

vfxnh

• Users
    • View Profile
 Have you figured out the problem of this yet? I do not see a resolution. I have searched the forums and internet for this same topic with no clear resolve. I opened a ticket Friday  for this same topic but support must not work over the weekend and I am in a deadline crunch. I literally reinstalled windows, 3ds max, and corona only to have the same issue.
- It rendered 3 shots from the same scene fine (out of 8) and then started doing the same symptoms you describe on all nodes.
- It did this on two unrelated different max scenes so I know its not the scene files.
- I even tried running backburner server on other computers but same issue on all.
- Each machine works fine on back burner if I send a single frame to each.
- I'm on 3ds max 2018 with 3dsMax2018.4_Update and corona-4-3dsmax-hotfix1 in windows 10 pro. 
- Log files attached

I'm in a time crunch so any points in right direction would be very much appreciated.

2019-07-18, 10:10:25
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
(internal ticket 29193)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-27, 20:32:56
Reply #7

lukaboskovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any update on this problem? I have the same issue.. .All the time in the loop.. .tried all the options that i could find online....

2019-07-29, 13:53:10
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Unfortunately the original reporter stopped responding. It could mean that he found the solution, or that he switched to a different project, where the issue does not appear.

Here is my last message to him, so you can also try those points:

Can you trigger the issue once again and send me full logs (DR+Backburner) from all machines? Here are the instructions: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002065

The thing with Populate is that even if you are not using it, the scene itself may contain information that Populate is used in it. In such case, rendering will fail instead of showing some error message or rendering the scene anyway, and unfortunately this is a 3ds Max limitation. So you have to make sure all plugins used in the scene are installed and activated on all DR computers.

Here are some further ideas (sorry if I am repeating some of it):
- antivirus/firewall - disable, check if that helps
- inbound/outbound rules - make sure they are added on all PCs - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000050816
- classic local network is used, not vpn - use a "normal" local network, no VPN involved
- IPv6 - disable IPv6 on all PCs - https://medium.com/@JockDaRock/disabling-ipv6-on-network-adapter-windows-10-5fad010bca75
- Check if you have only 1 network adapter in control panel
- Windows usernames on all PCs - are you using only standard English characters? No special characters? (national characters, @#$%^ signs, etc)
- Make sure there is only 1 instance of max, dr server, and BB running on all computers - not more
- Use DR only or BB only - ​do not mix those two - does it work then?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-29, 14:12:01
Reply #9

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Would you be able to send your scene over so we can investigate?

I have maybe a strange solution to try.. Can you go to Render Setup and see if your Camera is locked? If it is, can you unlock in and then relock it and see if this helps?

There is a strange issue with DR where doing this seems to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-10-02, 18:18:30
Reply #10

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hi guys.

Having done an office move recently I'm now experiencing DR not working on my machine in our setup. All other machines on the network seem to work fine with DR. Mine just seems to keep crapping out and restarting after parsing scene. I've done all the custom firewall stuff, tried without IPV6, done most of whatever else in that list is feasible... no joy. And zero idea why this is happening, esp only on my machine. Everyone's on Corona 4 hotfix 1, latest windows update.

Cheers,
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2019-11-11, 14:13:39
Reply #11

CrazyPencil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys, if you use camera lock, try to disable it in render settings. That's exactly what helped me after months of frustration

2019-11-11, 14:16:08
Reply #12

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Deleting my ENU folder (per Corona support's advice) has fixed it for me... nuclear option for sure but if it works....
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2024-02-27, 23:10:50
Reply #13

barbarosevin

• Active Users
  • Barboros Evin Co-Founder at Digital3dworks LTD
    • View Profile
    • digital3dworks
if you use camera lock, try to disable it in render settings. That's exactly what helped me too!
3d Visualizer | Digital3dworks | Co-Founder