Author Topic: [solved] DR machines start and fail loop  (Read 5676 times)

2018-12-14, 12:51:57
Reply #15

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll concede to that

« Last Edit: 2018-12-17, 16:43:08 by jpjapers »

2018-12-14, 16:39:00
Reply #16

Vuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As soon as I am out of the deadline I will check if that solves the problem, but to be honest in my working environment this is a rather light scene and I worked on much heavier scenes with loads of stacks on geometry and never had this issue...

2018-12-14, 16:48:14
Reply #17

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
This one seems to be a similar issue, if not the same:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22816.0

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-12-25, 15:29:15
Reply #18

Vuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Long time no see and again me:) Hadn't had the time to play with the scene but I did a few projects after and everything was working fine was actually working on a new project and for several days all was working just ok even last night I was rendering with nodes without any issues till this morning when I wanted to re-render an image and all of a sudden I am stuck at parsing scene its not moving I tried just with my workstation tried with nodes not moving just parsing endlessly. I have upgraded to version 3.1 last week.
I don't get it was working last night I haven't even merged a single model or object to the scene. Nothing new was introduced just the same scene that was working yesterday will not render now at all.

When I try to stop it the green progress bar moves till the end and the process is stuck no reaction I can only end task the program no way to stop it the normal way by closing it. From when I upgraded to 3.0 its just issue after issue after issue... I am kinda disappointed...

2019-01-28, 17:49:19
Reply #19

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@Vuk - have you ever contacted us about your issues through our support portal? (https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new)
DR issues are very hard to diagnose, especially in cases like this where it randomly works and doesn't.
Some clues you may investigate:
1) Missing plugins on the slave PCs?
2) Different plugin versions on the slave PCs?
3) Some issue with the network? (Are you able to send a very large file from one computer to another, without interruption?)
4) Windows Update messed something up? (one day it was working, another day it was not kind of theory)
5) Firewall/antivirus blocking something? (best way to check this is by disabling all firewall/antivirus software on you master and slave PCs - including Windows Firewall and Defender)

The best idea would be to contact us though the link above and send us the problematic scene with all assets included (see my signature for the uploader). We would then try to reproduce it, and meanwhile think of other things to check.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-02-14, 18:01:17
Reply #20

Vuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Maru

So again the same problem yesterday. I went trough your list this time since I haven't bothered to check the forum for a while and yesterday I saw your post. Thnx for all the points you gave. Turns our I am not completely sure but it is Win update related. Yesterday the computers started shutting down one by one and on some of the workstations the update didn't go trough so today I did a manual check update and wuala it works now.

Hope it stays like this now and the issue was win 10 update related. For some reason when I was on Corona 2.0 this issue never happened. Seems that 3.0 is much more sensible to win 10 updates. And god I hate win 10 more and more...

Thnx again!

2019-02-15, 13:13:56
Reply #21

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This might be the solution. It was randomly found by one of our users, and it fixed the problem for them. That's why it's so important to share solutions with the world. :)

Related to Windows 10 fall update and SMBv1 change https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-by-default-in-windows

1) Go to the Windows Services applet, find "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Function Discovery Resource Publication" services, right click on them one by one, and set them to Automatic (Delayed Start), and then press Start.

2) Make sure network discovery is enabled for all of your computers: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-network-discovery-windows-10-0
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us