Author Topic: Matte Material  (Read 3335 times)

2018-07-18, 18:53:55

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Hi,

I can't find any sort of matte material, am I missing it?

I have a scene where I want to have a matte material on the chairs so the chairs are just a black void and everything else renders correctly around them. Is a matte material what I need, or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance!

2018-07-18, 18:58:16
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure what you are looking for - for a "black void" simply made the Diffuse black in a default material, and it will basically be a black hole :) However if you are looking to mask out the object, it may be even better to use the Render Elements to create the masks by object id, etc. (https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/render_elements)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-07-18, 19:29:53
Reply #2

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Render Selected does exactly this. Add the objects and set the mode to 'Exclude'

2018-07-19, 17:16:37
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
And if you want your chairs to render black an also be transparent (black) in the alpha channel, you can assign a black material to them and go to advanced > alpha > always transparent.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-19, 17:45:54
Reply #4

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
And if you want your chairs to render black an also be transparent (black) in the alpha channel, you can assign a black material to them and go to advanced > alpha > always transparent.

Render Selected does this with the added bonus of not having to assign materials and worry about displacement overrides.