Author Topic: Match Physical Camera to Camera Stand-in object  (Read 5122 times)

2018-07-02, 17:07:03

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Hi,

I've inherited a scene that I need to render with a vray camera, but I don't have vray. Is there a way to convert the 'Camera Stand-in' object to a Physical Camera? It needs to match pixel perfect to the old vray camera.

Thanks in advance

2018-07-02, 17:31:50
Reply #1

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Doesn't the new Corona 2.0 support vray cameras now?

You could also just install a free trial of vray and convert the camera over to corona.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-07-02, 18:17:52
Reply #2

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Oh cool, I wasn't aware of that. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

2018-07-18, 21:31:21
Reply #3

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Ok, I have Vray installed and can see through the camera and can render it on my local machine. Now I need to convert this to a 3ds max Physical Camera because the farm doesn't have vray. How do I do that?

2018-07-18, 21:50:42
Reply #4

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
To do it manually it's not so complicated: align the camera and target and copy the same parameters.  =)

2018-07-18, 21:52:04
Reply #5

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You need vray demo only for using corona converter script, corona 2.0 support rendering without vray installed

2018-07-18, 22:03:30
Reply #6

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Thanks for the quick replies. Cecofuli, I had tried that, but it's off a few pixels which is my problem. I need to match the object in blue to match a pre-existing background plate (this cannot be modified).

Sprayer, the corona converter script doesn't seem to convert the camera, only materials and lights. I just tried it, let me know if I'm missing something.

2018-07-18, 22:13:58
Reply #7

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just saying what with corona 2.0 you do not need vray to be installed

2018-07-18, 22:18:55
Reply #8

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
You don't need vray installed for Corona 2.0 to use the VrayPhysicalCamera? I just updated to 2.0 to hopefully fix that but it still brings it in as a 'camera stand-in' object. Is there something you have to do to tell it to see it as a Vray cam?

2018-07-19, 17:14:53
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Clarification:
Only VrayMtl, VrayLight and VrayVolumeGrid are supported in Corona 2. Not the VrayCamera. See: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000046990
Also, you can render a scene with VRayMtl or VRayLight without V-Ray installed, but you cannot create those objects without it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-19, 23:31:31
Reply #10

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Thanks Maru,

Can you confirm or not the ability to render a vray camera in corona with only the vray demo installed?

Or will I need a vray seat to render a vray camera in corona?

2018-07-20, 15:23:54
Reply #11

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru,

Can you confirm or not the ability to render a vray camera in corona with only the vray demo installed?

Or will I need a vray seat to render a vray camera in corona?
I think the demo is enough. But rendering from a V-Ray camera in Corona is not a good idea. You may end up with some exotic bug like flickering in animation, or DR not working. But if you want to experiment, go ahead. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-20, 20:44:42
Reply #12

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Ok, I can verify that the Corona camera will render a vrayphysicalcamera with only the demo installed on the node.

I need to use the vray camera in Corona as a legacy fix on this one shot, I don't plan on using the vray cam in the future ;)

Thanks for the help guys!