Author Topic: render hidden and refreshing IR  (Read 2979 times)

2018-04-06, 22:40:16

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Guys/
I have question about /Render Hidden/ behavior option in 3dmax and Corona/-
If present chance to make hiding and unhiding geometry in viewport don't affecting refreshing IR in VFB with /Render Hidden/ checkbox ON ?!
Because in this way it is much more convenient to work with heavy
scenes and modeling on the fly in interiors:)

2018-04-12, 13:38:27
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
What you mean is the "render hidden geometry" checkbox in Render Setup > Common?

So when you have this option enabled, and you hide/unhide objects, the interactive rendering is refreshed, and you would not like this to happen?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-04-12, 16:40:59
Reply #2

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What you mean is the "render hidden geometry" checkbox in Render Setup > Common?

So when you have this option enabled, and you hide/unhide objects, the interactive rendering is refreshed, and you would not like this to happen?
this means that all objects are rendered regardless of whether they are hidden or unhidden  in viewport,-- for example i have to working only with one chair in viewport and other scene are
hidden, but in IR i see at whole scene rendered:)
As i don't want to refreshing IR with this option ON,  regardless of whether I hide objects in viewport or unhiding them, because with this check: /Render Hidden -ON/ -for render it does not matter,  in any case the whole entire scene and objects are rendered///
Now--- with some not so heavy and standard interior scene,/I don't talk about exterior with scatters and plants:)//---- i have to waiting for refreshing IR 8-10 sec every time when i unhide objects in viewport, with /RENDER HIDDEN GEOMETRY check ON/:)
« Last Edit: 2018-04-12, 17:01:41 by denisgo22 »

2018-04-12, 17:01:14
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
So this is not about the functionality, but about when IR triggers a refresh? Not sure how possible that is, given that IR refreshes when Max says "something changed in the scene", and hiding or unhiding an object is something Max counts as a change to the scene. Whether or not Max says clearly what has changed in this case, and allows Corona to decide whether or not to refresh the IR based on "Oh it was only hiding / unhiding and I am rendering everything anyway", I don't know - that's in the deep depths of development magic so not for me to say :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-04-12, 17:10:01
Reply #4

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So this is not about the functionality, but about when IR triggers a refresh? Not sure how possible that is, given that IR refreshes when Max says "something changed in the scene", and hiding or unhiding an object is something Max counts as a change to the scene. Whether or not Max says clearly what has changed in this case, and allows Corona to decide whether or not to refresh the IR based on "Oh it was only hiding / unhiding and I am rendering everything anyway", I don't know - that's in the deep depths of development magic so not for me to say :)

Ok:)
1.If i open the MAT Editor- IR not refreshed-
2.IF I changing tool from moving to select---IR not refreshed-
3.IF i moving or zooming for example--top veiw in secondary not locked in Layout view--IR not refreshed.
4 Why if i only uniding geometry of scene with command-for example: /Nothing change---IN ANY CASE RENDER ALL/ IR refreshed?
If this limitation from Autodesk, this is clear//
« Last Edit: 2018-04-12, 17:20:48 by denisgo22 »

2018-04-12, 17:19:32
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, all those other three examples are not changing the scene. As far as Max is concerned, hiding or unhiding geometry is a scene change, not just a UI change like opening the material editor (because not all render engines will necessary have a "render hidden" option). As far as I understand, when a scene change happens, Max flags this to plugins like Corona - exactly how much detail Max gives the plugins I do not know, I believe sometimes Max just says "something changed" without being explicit about what it is, and in those cases, Corona does an IR refresh to make sure whatever that change was, it's in the IR.

So comes down to the question, what notification does Max send out when geometry is hidden or unhidden. The devs would need to answer that one :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us