Author Topic: [solved] Bizarre Colors in image background  (Read 2207 times)

2018-03-13, 03:17:42

pcangelnow

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I have a very heavy apartment scene. I created a cyclorama with an image and placed it outside the scene to show through the windows. The test background I have attached - LAKESIDE.jpg. I created the cyc as its own project and did a render with corona. Those results are in test.jpg. I used no special lighting. Mapped the image, clicked render setup, chose corona, and rendered. The results are what I expected. BTW, gamma was set to 2.2.

I then imported the object .max file into my heavy apartment model, placed the cyc outside the windows and rendered. What I got is in Test scene.jpg. The cyc's colors are all crazy and way too bright.

I placed a camera outside of the apartment and rendered giving me test in model.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. I imported the water dish and feeder the same way and they came in perfect.

I'm new to Corona. I've more experienced with vray. I'm also a beginner at 3d max.

Any help greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: 2018-03-19, 10:52:55 by maru »

2018-03-13, 10:11:25
Reply #1

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can try to lower the output amount in the texture attributes > output from the slate material editor.

2018-03-13, 10:36:22
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The main question is: how did you create the background material? It should be done like this: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000515605

So basically, you create a new Corona LightMtl, load your texture, and disable the "emit light" option.
If your texture comes out too bright then, here is what you can do:
1) Adjust brightness of the background by changing the intensity of your Corona LightMtl
2) Use Corona Output map with "affected by tone mapping" option off. This way you will end up with a texture which is not affected by Corona's tone mapping (exposure, highlight compression, etc). Keep in mind that the tone mapping settings will be neutralized only BEFORE the rendering is started, which means that once it is started, changing the tone mapping options WILL affect your texture as well.
More info: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000522247

Note: in Corona v2 the output map is split into two separate maps:
-Corona Color Correct - for basic color correction (ev, gamma, contrast, etc)
-Corona Tonemap Control - for excluding a texture from Corona's tone mapping
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-03-13, 15:02:50
Reply #3

pcangelnow

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you! I'll give it a shot.

2018-03-13, 17:55:25
Reply #4

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-03-14, 23:27:26
Reply #5

pcangelnow

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru! Using your instructions I got exactly what I needed! I've got a lot to learn about Corona!