Author Topic: Render instance or corona proxy  (Read 3772 times)

2018-03-10, 21:07:54

archimen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
It is better to use native c4d "render instance", or better to convert objects to "corona proxy"?
I mean to create a large number of trees, shrubs. Which format is less suitable for rendering?
Cheers.

2018-03-12, 09:16:14
Reply #1

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've done some tests because I was curious like you. Is there a benefit to use corona proxies instead c4d standard instances ("render instance" active) ?
The scene was a model full of polygons in a cloner object. Same render time.
So I continue to use c4d standard instances. Maybe corona proxies will be use in the future for other functions like scattering.

2018-03-12, 10:28:23
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Corona proxy is more like an Xref, with the added benefit that it will be possible to use it across host applications (3DSMax, C4D, ...). Render instances should work just fine with Corona, so use them without any fears.

2018-03-12, 10:58:08
Reply #3

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i use both on different projects depending on actual needs..

1. using proxy when i got lots of interior stuff with heavy geonometry that i dont want inside the scene to keep it light on viewport.
2. c4d render-instances for multiple copies of the same object(s) like trees + plants or cars

there is no real difference in rendertime at all - basically if i have to import something in my scene that is multiplied a lot then i run renderinstances and for a lot single objects with each high poly models i use proxy in box mode after positioning (and ofc not buffer in ram).

hope this helps

2018-03-12, 23:23:43
Reply #4

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile