Author Topic: Rendering stops by itself - got this problem?  (Read 6091 times)

2018-01-23, 14:20:52

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am looking for users with "rendering stops by itself" problem, meaning that the rendering will stop and denoising will proceed if enabled, regardless of the noise/pass/time limit set, or even if they were all set to 0.
Please let us know in this topic if you have ever experienced this.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-24, 14:18:49
Reply #1

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
I get this every now and then on random frames in jobs that I have submitted through Deadline. I've been trying to find out any pattern for this myself, but I've been unable to find one. When I simply requeue the job, it will then render the quality I had predefined.

2018-01-24, 15:02:35
Reply #2

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've had this issue in the past with animations submitted via Backburner.  No time or pass limit, just noise.  Most frames complete at the specified noise limit, but some quit early without error.  The only indication is that the time it took to render is quite a bit less than other frames.  I never did find a consistent way to reproduce the error, but it was causing enough problems that I now do some test frames to figure out how many passes are required for my desired noise level, then just set it to render at that pass limit.  I haven't had time to try to troubleshoot.
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2018-08-09, 13:05:02
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If anyone is still having this problem with Corona v2, here are two things we would like you to try:

1) Make sure that the noise level limit is set to 0 - just select the value, and type "0" using keyboard. In some cases, 3ds Max may enter a value such as 0,002 in there, and it will be displayed as "0", but the rendering may still stop at some point, when the limit of 0,002 is reached. Once you are 100% sure that the noise limit is set to 0,00:

2) Use pass limit instead of noise limit - does the random stopping also appear when using pass limit?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Right now we unfortunately do not have any new findings regarding this. The issue is either too random, or system-specific.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-09-18, 17:24:02
Reply #4

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

So I got this issue for the first time ever and I'm using Corona V2.

I tried your suggestions, but without luck. I do have some kinda of a pattern because after about ten minutes it just stops. Well actually the time just continues, but the progress bar doesn't do anything. The computer doesn't freeze but I can't cancel the jobs when pressing the "cancel" or "stop" button.

I can see in the task manager that the CPU suddenly drops from 99.7% to an idle 10% or so.

EDIT: I resaved the filed, rebooted and still no luck. It did render a little longer now but still after 15 minutes or so the CPU when back to idle position...

2020-12-11, 04:47:30
Reply #5

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
If anyone is still having this problem with Corona v2, here are two things we would like you to try:

1) Make sure that the noise level limit is set to 0 - just select the value, and type "0" using keyboard. In some cases, 3ds Max may enter a value such as 0,002 in there, and it will be displayed as "0", but the rendering may still stop at some point, when the limit of 0,002 is reached. Once you are 100% sure that the noise limit is set to 0,00:

2) Use pass limit instead of noise limit - does the random stopping also appear when using pass limit?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Right now we unfortunately do not have any new findings regarding this. The issue is either too random, or system-specific.

Hi I know It's super old but I experienced this right now.
3ds Max 2018 on C6.1 - Rendering stops as soon as the noise calculation kicks in.

I did not experience that on 2021.3, C6.1 yet but I sometimes hear about this error from people I work with.
Prune Scene sometimes helped with this problem for some reason.

Regards
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott