Author Topic: batch conversion files from Vray to Corona  (Read 3413 times)

2017-11-10, 11:19:36

Light&Bit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Light & Bit
Hello chaps,

quick question, is there any way to do a batch conversion of many files from Vray to Corona? I mean, we have some really old Library in Vray and We want to convert and rename the files for corona example:   Chair_01_Vray   ----> Chair_01_Corona

I am currently opening one by one all the Vray files, converting all of them using the Corona script and then save them with a different name, I would like to know if there is any way to speed up this process which otherwise would take ages..

Thanks in advance

Dan

2017-11-10, 11:42:59
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yup there is, Pixamoon's set of scripts are particulary amazing for this. Esp. 'Track&Relink'. Select your whole folder (or your whole hardrive) and you're good to go.

http://www.pixamoon.com/shop/4587562584/library-track-relink-.../9337230
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-11-10, 16:03:40
Reply #2

Light&Bit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Light & Bit
Yeah, thanks Juraj,

that's exactly what I was looking for. Just purchased and tested ant it's great, it will save me a lot of work. :)

Best,

Dan

2017-11-10, 16:46:33
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Pixamoon's stuff is lifesaver :- ) I remember when I asked him to incorporate Corona conversion + custom scripts and he published it as beta like in 2 days !.

Also though, alternatively, where you don't need to batch massive amount of stuff and you want to also render-previews and collect bitmaps, Connecter from DesignConnected is capable in this regard as well.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-11-10, 23:27:43
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Uh, wasn't aware of that script, and especially not that it has a connection to the converter inbuilt :) nice!
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2017-11-11, 13:07:23
Reply #5

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Indeed a real time saver when combined with Martin's converter script.