Author Topic: Corona converter to convert vray hair in 1.7?  (Read 4338 times)

2017-10-26, 13:00:03

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I've noticed corona 1.7 now converts human alloy skin to corona which is awesome. But it doesn't convert the vray hair to corona hair.

Do you know if this will be implemented into the converter in the future?

Many thanks

2017-10-26, 17:12:02
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Vray fur support is planned for the upcoming version2 - https://trello.com/c/oEFSRArR/126-v-ray-compatibility
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-26, 17:40:49
Reply #2

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey thanks, sorry i just realised I was meant to write about corona hair material specifically. So just wondering whether the corona converter will soon have the ability to convert vray hair material to corona hair material? I can do it manually with the new corona hair mat but it takes some time.

Good to know fur is coming though! :D

Cheers

2017-10-30, 17:38:21
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, it is definitely on my todo list! There's just so many different things I'm doing right now.. a bit chaotic... There are some holidays in Germany right now, so chances are good I'll get to it :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2017-10-30, 18:05:33
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
There are some holidays in Germany right now, so you will have to wait a little bit more :- )

I corrected this sentence for you :- ). But yeah..the life of tech people. I do most of my work on weekends, free of stress and anxiety.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-10-31, 13:59:18
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
So just wondering whether the corona converter will soon have the ability to convert vray hair material to corona hair material?
Done :) https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=126.msg113456#msg113456

I corrected this sentence for you :- ). But yeah..the life of tech people. I do most of my work on weekends, free of stress and anxiety.
Haha, yes, weekends and holidays are the most quiet days and since I'm doing this stuff in my free time I usually can't do it on regular work days ;)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2017-11-21, 19:54:22
Reply #6

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile