Author Topic: MULTILGIHT NOISE BUG IN 1.7 RC2  (Read 1475 times)

2017-09-30, 13:07:53

zacuttialberto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi to everyone ,

rendering a dark image there is a bug coming from the multi-light which i can try to describe as follow:

When i shot down emitting source i can still see the shape of the light on the wall from the difference of noise.
 TO SEE IT YOU HAVE TO ZOOM AND CHECK ON THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE IMAGE  you can easy recognize the print of the ceiling spotlights.

Please see attached pictures

Hope to be usefull

Alberto

2017-10-03, 11:32:29
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I would say this is expected, however it may be possible to improve. There are some limitations to the LightMix: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000017218
Here the solution could be to allow a bit more time for the rendering to make the noise go away, or simply to use denoising to blur it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-12-17, 16:02:46
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, this is actually because our improved light sampler (correctly) samples the other light more where it shines. Disabling the experimental light solver will work. General solution is not possible because it would slow down non-lightmix rendering. The best solution would be probably to find the light setup, then bake to scene, and re-render. Bake bugfixes are coming to v2 btw ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)