Author Topic: Newbie Question - C4D Prime  (Read 2398 times)

2017-09-27, 17:50:45

tbigg

• Users
    • View Profile
I am looking to purchase C4D and leaning towards Prime instead of Studio as I am just getting started.  Does Corona Render work with C4D Prime?

Thanks!
Tbigg

2017-09-27, 17:59:21
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It will work with all versions - the one thing to keep in mind is that Prime doesn't have Team Render, so you will only be able to render on one machine (at the moment anyway - perhaps in the future there will be a Corona DR for C4D, but for the foreseeable moment, the native Team Render will be the only way to harness more than one machine during rendering).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-09-27, 18:00:09
Reply #2

PatSieb

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
I'm shure it is, I'm on studio.
So, I hope you will enjoy working with C4D Prime at first, it's a nice and easy to learn software and very robust.

2017-09-27, 18:17:44
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to be sure my last post is clear - Prime doesn't have Team Render, so you will only be able to render using one machine with Corona (same as with any other engine and Prime). You can see a bit more in-depth discussion here https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16193.msg109919#msg109919

On the topic of a possible future Corona DR for C4D, even that would not work with Prime I have found out, as you'd still need the additional licenses for installing C4D on the other machines. Overall the answer is, now or in the future, if you plan to use any form of network rendering, don't go with the Prime version. Broadcast and up all have some form of multiple licenses and inbuilt Team Render.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask questions if anything is confusing :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-09-27, 18:33:07
Reply #4

PatSieb

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
tbigg, If you dont use "Team Render" with C4D Prime then all is fine to get you working. I dont use it at all as I have only one machine (dual intel xeon workstation)

2017-09-27, 20:50:03
Reply #5

tbigg

• Users
    • View Profile
@TomG and @PatSieb...

Thanks to both of you for making that clear.  I will start with Prime (I don't have current plans for Team Render) and as I grow will likely upgrade later.

2017-09-28, 00:14:01
Reply #6

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you can Try C4D R19 Demo... 42 days full (all versions) for free with registration - plugins work, Corona too ;)