Author Topic: General speed issues  (Read 1326 times)

2017-09-25, 12:55:54

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hey! Another speed issue post :)

Material Editor being slow
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zf1cbiywl6bcec/Untitled%20Project3.mp4?dl=0

This is a tricky one because it varies. Sometimes material previews take 2 seconds to refresh and C4D lags really bad in between. I've talked to a friend about this and his material editor appeared to be more snappy. It could be anything really but I just figured it might help reporting this. Sometimes it takes 3 seconds just for the preview to refresh if you've changed glossiness from 1 to 0.9 . What really seems off is that most of the editor freezes a lot of the time too - Unfortunately I didn't record that part though.

This does not happen with the Standard / Physical renderers.

I think quite a few people are experiencing this with V-Ray for C4D and the ADVbitmap. If you change any value in there it just takes a looong time to refresh and everything becomes kind of unresponsive.

On my previous PC I don't remember having these problems. Sure, it takes a second to refresh but at least everything else in the material editor was working as it should.

Ray total / Ray Actual generally seems lower in C4D compared to 3ds Max.

I don't have any video links for this one but generally speaking, a shader ball scene in C4D gets me a stat of 4k of actual rays.
A relatively complex interior scenario in 3ds Max can do 10k of actual rays.

In general I feel like 3ds Max is noticeably faster when it comes to clearing noise - I think we are all on the 1.7 daily so I am wondering what could be wrong :) If need be I can prepare two identical scenes to showcase the problem but I don't have a sub for 3ds Max starting tomorrow :)

It really looks like the C4D version is a lot slower for some reason - at least for me.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-25, 13:02:08 by nkilar »
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-09-29, 23:52:45
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Whatever you did guys, the latest beta build from 29.9 has fixed both of the issues above. Good job!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us