Author Topic: Under | Short Film  (Read 9344 times)

2017-09-27, 07:56:46
Reply #15

rudolph3dpix

• Users
    • View Profile
Very Inspiring! can you share your settings in this animation? :) did you used zdepth in dof? Thanks!

2017-09-27, 09:52:50
Reply #16

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Oh my God...Look amazing...And water effect . Really love your work.

2017-09-27, 14:40:20
Reply #17

thilima

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Very Inspiring! can you share your settings in this animation? :) did you used zdepth in dof? Thanks!

It variated from each scene. There was scenes finishing with 6% of noise, other ones with 10% of noise and some of them with elements rendered separated.
Mostly I used
GI vs AA: 16
LSM: 3
MSI: 10
MRD: 10

UHD Cache: Default (sometimes I used PT + PT for scenes with too much moving elements or too much parallel elements, like fences for example.)
Anti alias filter: BOX (cause is the most blurry filter, that way, avoiding some possible alias flickering.

There is some Scenes with dof directly on camera and other ones on Post production using zdepth pass.

Glad you like it :)

Oh my God...Look amazing...And water effect . Really love your work.

Thanks a lot Image Box Studio :)

2017-09-28, 01:24:23
Reply #18

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
great insight, thank you!

This makes a lot of sense on paper if you want to squeeze things a bit extra, but I would actually love to see some controlled tests of default settings vs these, to see how big a difference it actually makes.

It's the one thing that is always hard to figure out, when to try and compress more, but boost other places or when are you just doing more damage to your render times.

2017-09-28, 15:44:46
Reply #19

thilima

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
great insight, thank you!

This makes a lot of sense on paper if you want to squeeze things a bit extra, but I would actually love to see some controlled tests of default settings vs these, to see how big a difference it actually makes.

It's the one thing that is always hard to figure out, when to try and compress more, but boost other places or when are you just doing more damage to your render times.

Yes, for sure is not a 100% guarantee result on everyscene. I found myself not struggling with settings anymore. Sometimes you lose more time trying to find the perfect setup than actually rendering your scene with default settings ahahhahaa.

I´ll make some comparatives about default x mysetup as soon as I have some time, thanks for the idea