Author Topic: Corona Crashes Every Time I Try to Create A New Material  (Read 1282 times)

2017-08-16, 11:50:42

Autoreverse

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I downloaded the A6.4 version of your Corona renderer two days ago from your website. Whenever I try to add a new Corona material to the scene Corona and Cinema 4D along with it crashes. This does not happen when I add any other Corona element (sky, sun, etc) but only with a material. This happens with a totally new scene with or without any objects. I also tried to open a scene with a Corona material. First the scene opens but when I try to have a look at the existing materials Corona crashes again.

I am working on a new 5K 27" iMac. The specs are as follows:

Processors: Intel i7 4.2 GHz
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580 with 8 GB RAM
Memory: 32 GB 2400 Mhz DDR 4
Software: Cinema 4D R18.048
OS X: 10.12.6

Is there any way to prevent Corona from crashing?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-16, 12:53:22 by Autoreverse »

2017-08-28, 13:21:39
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi and sorry again for the late reply.

I wrote you the details in a personal message. In general, posting the BugReport.txt file never hurts, so don't be afraid to post it - it only contains information about the code where the crash happened and it does not contain any personal information (apart from the path to the crashing scene file, your PC's configuration and the installation folder of your C4D).

As I wrote in the PM, your issue seems to be a licensing issue, which is causing Corona to crash. We've had one similar report on Mac already.