Author Topic: 1.6.2 reflections  (Read 7472 times)

2017-08-02, 10:04:55
Reply #15

tomasz

• Users
    • View Profile
@jpjapers Did you use Corona DR to render your scene?

I'm asking, because we have a similar problem with too much noise on glossy elements (interior scene), but it only appears when we a re rendering with DR. Currently we have to use 1.6.2 with devel/experimental mode on and stratified sampler as @maru suggested

2017-08-07, 11:16:31
Reply #16

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We need a proper report here to be able to look into this. The scene itself would be best. Some example images are fine too, comparing old vs new sampler and what is happening. Plus instructions how to reproduce it.

Persistent noise when using LightMix is sometimes expected - for example when strongly increasing or lowering light intensity, but also when disabling some lightselect elements, and that is basically what you are doing when switching to "rest" element only. You disable the contribution of other lights, so noise-free image is not expected.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-08-10, 20:04:50
Reply #17

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I experienced the problem this afternoon. I was rendering an exterior scene with corona sun and sky. One of the building has a highly reflective / metallic coating. Everything was good until I plug an hdri in the reflection override. And then, speckles everywhere on the building. Removing reflection override solved the problem. I'm considering switching back to 1.6.1 as I'm just starting the project and that I have to render a hudge animation on an external render farm. That kind of stuff could cost me a lot and I'm not very confident with this version of the software.

2017-08-10, 20:27:33
Reply #18

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't think that reverting back to 1.6 would help you. Excessive noise from reflection override is long standing bug, you may have to roll back to alpha versions to get rid of it :]

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2124
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-08-10, 20:35:53
Reply #19

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Argh that sucks...

Excessive noise from reflection override is long standing bug, you may have to roll back to alpha versions to get rid of it :]

So no solution for this since all this time ? If not, I wonder why the feature is still there as it makes it completly useless.