Author Topic: 1.6 IR restarts constantly and ignores regions.  (Read 2455 times)

2017-05-08, 12:07:16

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I thought I'd finally do a real project using 1.6 and the first thing I noticed is that the IR restarts randomly and often, even when I'm just looking at it, doing nothing. The other things is that regions are ignored, the whole scene is rendered. Are these known bugs?

Edit: I doesn't restart if I just let go of the mouse and leave it, but when I move the mouse around, it happens (even if don't click anything).
« Last Edit: 2017-05-08, 12:23:18 by Monkeybrother »

2017-05-08, 21:35:35
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
let me guess, are you rendering from a physical camera? try switching it to free (not target) mode
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-05-09, 10:37:50
Reply #2

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
let me guess, are you rendering from a physical camera? try switching it to free (not target) mode

Thanks for answering. I had to go back to 1.5 because our farm still uses it, so I couldn't try your suggestion. Is there a workaround for this? Or will it be fixed? Targeted cameras are pretty handy.

2017-05-09, 20:41:18
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
so is that your case? Targeted physical camera? Not happening with free physical camera/free view?

This is autodesk bug, it should happen in 1.5 too - is that the case too?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-05-09, 20:50:02
Reply #4

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so is that your case? Targeted physical camera? Not happening with free physical camera/free view?

This is autodesk bug, it should happen in 1.5 too - is that the case too?

I can test more thoroughly when I'm back at work tomorrow, but no, it doesn't happen so frequently in 1.5. In 1.6 IR updates basically all the time when the mouse is moved, 1.5 isn't nearly as sensitive. In this instance I tried the exact same scene in 1.5 and 1.6, max 2017. Targeted physical camera with a CoronaCam modifier. Also, in 1.5 I've never noticed that regions are ignored, but in 1.6 it just renders the whole scene unless I restart IR with a region active.

2017-05-15, 12:54:02
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
duplicate report - we have this reported multiple times. I am considering adding it to my signature. I will try some gross hack to fix it in 1.7. but Autodesk is not making my life easy :/