Author Topic: A6.3 Layered Material Bug,When use texture in the mask, Amount will not work.  (Read 4037 times)

2017-03-29, 11:58:02

chuzhirui

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A6.3 Layered Material Bug,When use texture in the mask, Amount will not work.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-29, 13:51:36 by chuzhirui »

2017-03-29, 13:06:32
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Wow, it does not work, indeed. No matter what shaders I put inside the individual materials, the layer material ignores amount. However, if I create layered material in my own scene, it works! It's a mystery to me...

2017-03-29, 13:33:35
Reply #2

chuzhirui

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, it does not work, indeed. No matter what shaders I put inside the individual materials, the layer material ignores amount. However, if I create layered material in my own scene, it works! It's a mystery to me...

ok,
delete the post.

2017-03-29, 13:44:32
Reply #3

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
ok,
delete the post.

No, you don't understand! It IS a bug :-) I can reproduce it in your scene. I just cannot reproduce it in my own scene.

2017-03-29, 13:54:43
Reply #4

chuzhirui

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok,
delete the post.

No, you don't understand! It IS a bug :-) I can reproduce it in your scene. I just cannot reproduce it in my own scene.

I thought my operation is wrong.    :-) 

2017-03-31, 08:54:06
Reply #5

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I thought that we can control layers with amount OR mask not with amount AND mask. I think that correctly when you use a mask it deactivates amount because the amount is controlled by b/w values of the shader in the mask. Is it correct?

2017-03-31, 11:18:58
Reply #6

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I thought that we can control layers with amount OR mask not with amount AND mask. I think that correctly when you use a mask it deactivates amount because the amount is controlled by b/w values of the shader in the mask. Is it correct?

That actually makes sense. I asked Ales and he says this is by design now. But let's keep the bug report here, because we might want to change this as it is kind of unintuitive.

2017-03-31, 15:11:30
Reply #7

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That actually makes sense. I asked Ales and he says this is by design now. But let's keep the bug report here, because we might want to change this as it is kind of unintuitive.

It had me, too, I must admit, but it really makes kind of sense as is. Maybe "Amount" could be grayed out while the texture slot is used, to avoid confusion?