Author Topic: Corona for C4D A6.3 testing  (Read 22676 times)

2017-03-31, 16:41:26
Reply #30

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

ThX I do not know how I could overlook it :)

Most welcome! Easily done, as it was in a different location previously :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-04-01, 18:45:52
Reply #31

sflynn

• Users
    • View Profile
I tried A6.3 on three different MacBook and an iMac (all Sierra), Corona still crashes when you create a new corona material or render to picture viewer.
Hi, we need more information to be able to help you. We wrote summary of what help us to reproduce and fix the bugs here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,15447.0.html

Hi , thank you for the answer.For some more clear information about the crash I'm getting; on Cinema 4D versions r16 and r17 are the only versions I tried Corona.I also tried Corona Renderer on a Cinema 4D r17 on Windows , there was no error or crash happened with Windows.The main issue is with MacOs Sierra.There is no problem with the Corona Sun , Corona Sky , Light or Camera.They all work charm.But after you change renderer from Standart to Corona and hit the picture viewer Corona Crashes.Materials aren't working either.When you create "New Corona Material" it gives the same crash report and Cinema app shuts down.None of the versions of Corona I could found worked with MacOs Sierra.All gave the same crash report on the same act.

Here is the crash report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5FGpiATIF_Q2oya0dZc2VVREE/view?usp=sharing

I just upgraded to Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 and Corona a6.3 and I am able to hit render in the Picture Viewer no problem. The materials all seem to work as well. I even switched the renderer to Standard and back to Corona and still no crash. So it seems not every Mac is crashing like this.

What version of C4D you use?I also upgraded to 10.12.4 and it still giving the same error and crash.Nothing ever helps.

2017-04-07, 10:52:32
Reply #32

Aenard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

First of all thanks for the amazing work ! I worked on Max \ Corona and loved it so much that when i had to switch to C4D \ "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" i was really sad, but this alpha seems already advanced enough for me to convince my boss to let me use it in the production and i can't be thankfull enough !

So i read the road maps \ forums and obviously a lot of things are coming \ planned, but i haven't found \ read anything about a simple tool that my coffee-head could have used this morning.... "Render elements only". Like in "damn i forgot the Mask Render Elements before leaving yesterday" tool. Anything on this ?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work, can't wait for the beta !

2017-04-07, 13:16:32
Reply #33

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

the beta1 fix2 will be released today

2017-04-12, 21:50:05
Reply #34

Nikola

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

we finally fixed the problem with normal maps when cubic mapping was used and strength was set to high value. I would like to ask you for testing the A6.3 version, and if it is OK, we will change the download links on Corona download page. Here are the links for testing:

macOS:   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7xyYS3daSJ7WV9pYS1ObkVCamM
Windows:   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7g1HtV8lD7gekZnVlJuSXkxcnM

This should be the last Alpha 6 version because we would like to focus on the development of Beta 1 version.

2017-05-07, 21:34:54
Reply #35

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, I am having problem in one scene on MacOS - suddenly in once scene, after reaching pass 28, image is turning black. WTF? :D I tried this few times. There is no problem in other camera views. I think it is a bug.

2017-05-09, 10:19:34
Reply #36

Nikola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, I am having problem in one scene on MacOS - suddenly in once scene, after reaching pass 28, image is turning black. WTF? :D I tried this few times. There is no problem in other camera views. I think it is a bug.
Hi Zbieraj,

Would it be possible to send us the scene (you can simplify it in any way if it will still cause the problem)? I am afraid it is hard to reproduce such bug without the scene.

2017-05-09, 10:48:22
Reply #37

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

Could you send us the scene please? :-) Or if it is something that you'd rather not send, you can try to reduce it so that the bug is still in there, but the scene does not contain sensitive data anymore.

2017-05-09, 15:49:39
Reply #38

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will, but after 18th - I would need to clean up the file a bit (parts of the design are classified at this moment).

2017-05-10, 10:26:30
Reply #39

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I will, but after 18th - I would need to clean up the file a bit (parts of the design are classified at this moment).

Alright, no problem :-)

2017-05-10, 19:35:23
Reply #40

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Question - is it normal that VFB (whole image) is blinking when using LightMix?

2017-05-20, 23:36:16
Reply #41

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
About the scene going black - whenever (no matter the scene and the file) I am using more "heavy" file and rendering in high resolution, the image can go black after some pass if the "Bloom and glare" are turned on.

2017-05-21, 14:54:25
Reply #42

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
EDIT: Mentioned problem does not occur in Beta 1 daily builds.