Author Topic: BEST MONITOR FOR 3DMAX CORONA , PHOTOSHOP  (Read 18204 times)

2017-03-21, 19:48:27
Reply #15

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Juraj: Dude! How do you know so much is something I cannot understand.
Either you're a genius or you have unlimited memory.

2017-03-21, 20:20:13
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
@Juraj: Dude! How do you know so much is something I cannot understand.
Either you're a genius or you have unlimited memory.

Nothing glorious of that sort.... just too much procrastrination ( new random informations give me thrill ). I do remember random crap rather too well though, would have preferred having better discipline in using knowledge to some actual result :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-03-21, 22:48:25
Reply #17

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, and it also has 14-bit 3D LUT implemented in hardware, but I'm not sure how to use that, or what's the benefit.
That's for the hardware calibration. It generates 3D LUT stored in your panel, and is seen as ideal panel by your system. Often, you can keep different profiles this way ( I keep 'sRGB' and 'AdobeRGB' profiles ).

Actually the main reason I didn't used the X-Rite iDisplay Pro is because sometimes in the past when I used a software only calibration, the colors always were worse after, than before. And the monitor looks really good as it is right now.
Do you know if there's a way to "store" the current colors and calibration before I use the X-Rite iDisplay, so I can revert back in case I don't like it ?
Do you know some kind of forums dealing with monitors and calibration ? So I can learn some more about it. Everytime I searched I only found discussions related to printing and calibration. But never about the calibration for graphics and film.

2017-03-21, 22:56:44
Reply #18

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nothing glorious of that sort.... just too much procrastrination ( new random informations give me thrill ). I do remember random crap rather too well though, would have preferred having better discipline in using knowledge to some actual result :- )

maybe? time to make a book or start planning for a summer workshop ;)

2017-03-22, 12:16:50
Reply #19

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Oh, and it also has 14-bit 3D LUT implemented in hardware, but I'm not sure how to use that, or what's the benefit.
That's for the hardware calibration. It generates 3D LUT stored in your panel, and is seen as ideal panel by your system. Often, you can keep different profiles this way ( I keep 'sRGB' and 'AdobeRGB' profiles ).

Actually the main reason I didn't used the X-Rite iDisplay Pro is because sometimes in the past when I used a software only calibration, the colors always were worse after, than before. And the monitor looks really good as it is right now.
Do you know if there's a way to "store" the current colors and calibration before I use the X-Rite iDisplay, so I can revert back in case I don't like it ?
Do you know some kind of forums dealing with monitors and calibration ? So I can learn some more about it. Everytime I searched I only found discussions related to printing and calibration. But never about the calibration for graphics and film.

Yes of course, in both software and hardware calibration you generate a LUT that's stored as .icc profile in Windows color management. You can save as many as you want and always come back to yours.

If you calibrate hardware-level, the LUT is stored primarily in your monitor OSD (and doesn't overwrite your factory settings), and you can even keep generic .icc ( like sRGB ) in Windows then, that is absolutely safeproof way.

NEC SpectraViewII does support iDisplay Pro. For some reason...lot of these high-end brands made hardware calibrations into closed systems that work properly only with their own software. So for example with Dell, you cannot even use X-Rite software with X-Rite sond, you have to use Dell suite instead.

So nothing to loose, give it a shot again :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-03-22, 16:47:12
Reply #20

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Trying to calibrate my monitor (U2715H) without a device, I came across this website:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ARTS/MONCAL/CALIBRATE.HTM

Do you guys notice a difference in grey 254 with pure white?
I don't...No matter what I tweak.

2017-03-22, 19:33:24
Reply #21

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Oh my... didn't know that my 9 year old monitor, which never been calibrated other than by eye and even not beeing IPS, is that... good. Even with my horrible eyesight i can distinguish all squares, except 254 and 5 ones. Not bad, makes me feel less bad for the price i had to pay for it :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-04-28, 06:38:18
Reply #22

anon

• Users
    • View Profile
Dell's Ultrasharp monitors are very good for the price

2017-04-28, 06:39:26
Reply #23

anon

• Users
    • View Profile

2018-05-10, 17:23:45
Reply #24

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know that this topic is quite old but didn't want to create a new one for single question.
Does anybody use Dell S2718D Monitor?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2718D-Response-Ultrathin-Connectivity/dp/B06Y2XRYB2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Or can somebody advise if it is worth purchasing? I would normally go for U2715H, it might sound funny though, but one of my boss' requirements for the monitors is that they're silver from the back, which U2715H doesn't meet.
Thanks a lot!