Author Topic: Bloom and Glare renders on all render elements  (Read 2477 times)

2017-03-09, 12:00:09

Remi.V

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MYREZE AS
Is it a default setting to add bloom and glare to the render element passes such as Reflect and Emission passes?

We shipped a scene to render yesterday and when it came back, we found bloom and glare on our reflect and emission render elements, despite us rendering out the bloom and glare as a separate render element.

Bloom and glare is basically a post effect so should it even be present in the essential render elements? Or is it a bug?

2017-03-09, 13:08:45
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Also be aware that post-production in VFB affects Glare and Bloom pass. Esp. LUT can drastically change the pass which no longer can be composited correctly in post-production.

Here is workaround I currently do: I render with G&B pass, this pass is only 'full' if the effect is turned on in VFB. When I finish the render, I save all passes + beauty with effect OFF and post-production ON. Then I turn post-production OFF and turn effect ON and save B&G pass separately.

Imho this is not good situation currently.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-04-01, 23:28:50
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
this was by design, but we are currently adding checkboxes for it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-05, 22:03:50
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
checkboxes added
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)