Author Topic: Bloom & Glare  (Read 2810 times)

2017-02-20, 20:25:32

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
So, not sure what I did but my Bloom and Glare doesn't work at all. I have gone into the settings and set everything back to default, but it didn't help. Not sure if this is a bug or if it's something I did. Ideas?

2017-02-20, 20:37:26
Reply #1

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Apparently it doesn't work if your HDRI map is on the Diffuse channel and Mix mode set to multiply.

2017-02-20, 20:43:26
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Still works here with HDRI on a SKy object, image in the Diffuse channel and set to Multiply with the base Diffuse colour.

One thing of course is this may change the intensity of the HDRI, so you may need to adjust the Threshold of the bloom and glare (which only work off how bright any given point in the image is). Haven't tested but as well as simply "darkening" the HDRI, it could also be that you lose the high dynamic range in the HDRI by multiplying it with the base colour in the Diffuse. But as such, it doesn't just stop working, just your Threshold has changed :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-02-20, 21:04:12
Reply #3

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Still works here with HDRI on a SKy object, image in the Diffuse channel and set to Multiply with the base Diffuse colour.

One thing of course is this may change the intensity of the HDRI, so you may need to adjust the Threshold of the bloom and glare (which only work off how bright any given point in the image is). Haven't tested but as well as simply "darkening" the HDRI, it could also be that you lose the high dynamic range in the HDRI by multiplying it with the base colour in the Diffuse. But as such, it doesn't just stop working, just your Threshold has changed :)

Yeah I think that worked adjusting the Threshold. I'm still learning haha :D