Author Topic: Textures dont show in viewport  (Read 5865 times)

2017-01-31, 21:46:32

Seth Richardson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this a known issue?  Or is it just my setup?

Image files on materials dont show in the viewport.  So you have no idea what the mapping looks like.

2017-01-31, 23:04:37
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup, it's you. :p
Do give more info (sys, OS, ...) + show an image, share a file... or it didn't happen.
;)
Got it all working with render region activated to see if it fits 

2017-01-31, 23:21:51
Reply #2

Seth Richardson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I should clarify it works with diffuse channel only but if I put a map in say bump but not diffuse there is nothing in the viewport.

2017-02-10, 10:41:32
Reply #3

hdri3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

i have the same problem

no texture visible in the viewport
my system is MAC OS X 10.11.6
Cinema 4D R18

2017-02-13, 14:26:18
Reply #4

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As far as I know Corona C4D only displays textures in the diffuse channel. My workaround is to put you e.g. Bump texture in diffuse, set up the mapping and then delete it from the diffuse/turn down it's opacity for later remapping.

I really hope they add the option to check which channel should be used as displayed color/texture in the viewport - I think this feature is already in the full version anyways.
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2017-02-13, 14:57:45
Reply #5

hdri3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for that answer

2017-02-13, 15:15:30
Reply #6

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
As far as I know Corona C4D only displays textures in the diffuse channel. My workaround is to put you e.g. Bump texture in diffuse, set up the mapping and then delete it from the diffuse/turn down it's opacity for later remapping.

I really hope they add the option to check which channel should be used as displayed color/texture in the viewport - I think this feature is already in the full version anyways.

I've actually requested this feature a while back (the editor tab with the ability to select channels, like with the standard c4d materials). I am hoping they are working on it but surprisingly very few, if any, 3rd party renderers have the said option :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us