Author Topic: Unstable calculation  (Read 4862 times)

2017-01-24, 21:30:31

NeTz3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • nespoli3d
Hi,
I have a problem in Corona 1.5 (Hotfix 2), when using the interactive mode, the calculation continues to share myself from 0 steps randomly, sometimes after 5, 10, 20 pass, and if he got the +, I noticed that just move your mouse over the render window or highlight it starts again at zero.

1- I thought it was the pc, but now I have got a new and does the same.
2- Is there a problem with the coexistence of V-Ray that I have installed? thing?
3- Do not miss any plugins, scripts etc to the scene

It 's been a while that I am the problem that I have with the normal calculation

Excuse my English, I write thanks to google

Thanks in advance for your help
Tiziano

2017-01-25, 17:28:30
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I do not understand the problem. Do you mean that the interactive rendering is restarted by itself, and starts calculating from 0 passes? Is this happening without any changes in the scene? (e.g. you are not moving any objects, lights, changing any materials, etc?)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-26, 10:32:21
Reply #2

NeTz3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • nespoli3d
Yes just like this! do not touch anything, I look at the calculation and so random reboots. It is causing me problems because I find it hard to use it to test lighting and development of various materials. Being the rt calculating a blessing to the great speed, so it no longer is. Please help me I'm in a big production and I need a lot.
Thanks so much!

Tiziano
« Last Edit: 2017-01-26, 10:52:06 by NeTz3d »

2017-01-26, 12:14:43
Reply #3

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Yes just like this! do not touch anything, I look at the calculation and so random reboots. It is causing me problems because I find it hard to use it to test lighting and development of various materials. Being the rt calculating a blessing to the great speed, so it no longer is. Please help me I'm in a big production and I need a lot.
Thanks so much!

Tiziano

Do you have a 3DCONNEXION controller attached to your PC? I had some issues once me too and it was it's fault. Calibration resolved everything.

2017-01-26, 13:22:08
Reply #4

NeTz3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • nespoli3d
Ciao Dionosio!! sono Tiziano...ricordi?!?!?!

No, non ho collegato nessun controller del genere, solo un mouse logitec g502 con i relativi driver....perĂ² controllo bene anche quello.

No, I have not connected any kind of controller, just a mouse Logitec g502 with drivers .... But control even that well.
More info look for help and hope so directly of the programmers of this fantastic engine

Thxs

Tiziano

2017-01-26, 14:18:21
Reply #5

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Ciao Dionosio!! sono Tiziano...ricordi?!?!?!

No, non ho collegato nessun controller del genere, solo un mouse logitec g502 con i relativi driver....perĂ² controllo bene anche quello.

No, I have not connected any kind of controller, just a mouse Logitec g502 with drivers .... But control even that well.
More info look for help and hope so directly of the programmers of this fantastic engine

Thxs

Tiziano

Hi Tiziano, of course I remember of you! :)

I'll write in English so eveyone can understand here.
Do you see an small movements in your viewport while is happening this issue?

2017-01-26, 15:15:02
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is this happening in any scene (even empty or very simple like one teapot + one light), or only in some specific scene?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-26, 15:16:11
Reply #7

NeTz3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • nespoli3d
Hello,
No I do not see absolutely nothing, everything stopped.
I attach a short movie clip to show the calculation in action, look at the number of total passes, I move the mouse without clicking with no key and in any case may also be reset if you stand still.
Mystery!
At this link the video https://we.tl/w2G8qkv2Xt
I also updated the mouse drivers but nothing, I also tried a simple mouse, but always the same problem!

Thxs
Tiziano

2017-01-26, 15:24:30
Reply #8

NeTz3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • nespoli3d
Maru,
In some fairly complex scene, full of various items, I also thought that there was any particular problem but I do not understand what is because, in these scenes out there, scripts, textures, etc.
But it is only the interactive calculation, if the normal use there is no problem.

Thxs
Tiziano

2017-01-26, 15:26:56
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible to have the file in a standard movie format (mp4 for example, or mov) rather than an exe? I am always wary of running any exes :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-01-26, 15:37:31
Reply #10

NeTz3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • nespoli3d
I personally made the video capture with a free software which exports to exe, I tested it and it's ok.
If you really do not trust will upload a video created with smartphone.
Thxs

Tiziano

2017-01-26, 16:38:05
Reply #11

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
In case it is useful for anyone, I use OBS Studio, which is free and screen captures to mp4 etc, can find out more here - https://obsproject.com/

I know personally after an occurrence of a trojan for someone here on the forums, I won't be opening any .exes, just to be super safe! There may be others who are similarly reluctant to open anything with executable code in it too, not sure, I can only speak for myself there - but I would guess more people will take a look if it doesn't involve running code to view it.

2017-01-26, 19:36:25
Reply #12

NeTz3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • nespoli3d
Thank TomG program! very beautiful!

Here are the files to mp4 https://we.tl/3hbWybyuXf
I noticed that, as long as I stay with the mouse in the frame buffer window, the continuous calculation, just go out, without clicking in any way, the calculation resumes from scratch, so it happens even when they are outside and return to the frame buffer.
Mystery!?

Thxs
Tiziano

2017-01-27, 14:50:57
Reply #13

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY Tizanio!

Glad you found OBS useful! I think it is great (I use it for recording tutorials).

So it only happens when the mouse passes over into a 3ds Max viewport, from what I can see.

Is it only happening in this scene, or in all scenes? If only this one, then it sounds more like scene specific than related to the mouse. If all scenes, could be the mouse, it could be sending out some signal that makes Max treat it as an update to the scene.

If I encountered this, I'd test with a different scene. If it stops happening with other scenes, any unusual plugins or materials in the scene? Something is indicating that there's a change in the scene, so wondering if there's anything in there that might be actively refreshing whenever the mouse passes over a viewport?

If it still happens with other scenes, could unplug the mouse entirely and enable mouse keys (http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/2-ways-to-turn-on-mouse-keys-in-windows-10.html) and see if the issue still occurs.

Others may have other suggestions too!

2017-01-27, 14:52:52
Reply #14

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
One other thought, no other input devices connected at the time, like a tablet etc?