Author Topic: Pause interactive render  (Read 2838 times)

2016-07-23, 11:26:32

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I'm still a new user to corona and everything has been working great! I love the speed, both for exporting a scene for interactive rendering and the render speed itself. I am now working on a very heavy scene (15 mil+ polygons) and working with interactive rendering can be slow and not responsive in this case. So I want to know if it is possible to pause the rendering so that I can move around in my scene and change stuff without the rendering window constantly refreshing and slowing things down?

I came from Maxwell Render and there is was possible to pause the render, this was a very useful feature so I hope it is possible in Corona as well.

Thanks

2016-07-23, 11:54:05
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Corona should not work that way... If there is some significant freezing when using Interactive, then report it as bug and provide a scene to reproduce it. The main point of interactive rendering is being interactive. If it requires user to manually keep pausing it, then it's not longer interactive, and is not much different to regular non-interactive F9 key smashing :)

2016-07-23, 14:57:08
Reply #2

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this, and untill IR works as intended it would in deed be extremely usefull with a "pause" (stop/freeze) function.

Personally I doubt that the ideal scenario mentioned by Rawalanche will ever happen, since there are so many different workflows to accommodate + all Max's limitations.

So + 1000

2016-07-23, 14:59:24
Reply #3

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona should not work that way... If there is some significant freezing when using Interactive, then report it as bug and provide a scene to reproduce it. The main point of interactive rendering is being interactive. If it requires user to manually keep pausing it, then it's not longer interactive, and is not much different to regular non-interactive F9 key smashing :)
Yea sure that is true but when working with a heavy scene it can still take several seconds to restart the rendering process, when moving the viewport for example. Selecting and moving objects takes a few seconds as well. With lighter scene's this is not the case but interior scene's quickly get into millions of polygons. What I would like see is an option to keep the interactive render window open (in a viewport slot preferably, like I have now) and be able to pause it and to work on my scene fluently and then quicly start the render again. I don't want the window refreshing every time I move something or move the viewport a bit.

The problem now is that it takes 20 sec to start the interactive preview, if I would like to pause it from being less responsive I would have to stop the interactive window and then when I want to quickly start the preview again I would have to wait 20 sec again. This is not a bug, it's just a heavy scene to work with.

I hope this is a clear explanation of what I mean.