Author Topic: New VFB features  (Read 17093 times)

2016-07-15, 10:36:25
Reply #45

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Another feature that World be a tremendous timesaver is direct acces to IR start (stop is the same as normal render). I'm using IR almost always, but there are so many situations where Max is freezing or getting redicously slow with IR activated + plus all those situations where you need to "restart" calculation, or where IR restarts by every tiny parameter change. Therefore I'm constantly turning IR on and off, and finding the roll down button very slow and irritating.

For every 1 time I use the normal Render button, I easily use the "start IR" 50 times. So why shall the most used button be the hardest one to reach?

Personally I would like IR controls in the actual viewport. E.g. start, stop, force refresh etc. maybe "freeze" which just holds the current pass until you resume... and most importantly a region and blow up button. Just some ideas.

But FYI for now you can always add the IR button to a toolbar, for 1-click (well.. 2 clicks).
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-07-15, 10:52:55
Reply #46

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Or assign keyboard shortcut to it and another shortcut to stop rendering. That way you'll be able to start and stop IR in VFB at lighting speed :] Unfortunately to start IR in viewport, additional mouse click is needed, but that's entirely Autodesk's fault AFAIK.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-07-15, 11:27:20
Reply #47

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I too would like access to control of IR in a viewport. The cumbersome way it works now is actually the only reason I'm not using IR in a viewport. A simple double click in the viewport to (re)start and stop (freeze) would do it without any buttons.

And yes, I know there are ways to make this myself, but I can't see the logic in Corona wanting to be "user friendly" and "easy", yet lacking direct access to the most used controls (for me at least).

Hope this will be looked at in nearest future :)

2016-07-15, 11:57:35
Reply #48

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Start stop make sense, although force refresh should not be there. If there is anything at all that doesn't refresh unless you restart IR, then that's simply a bug that should be reported and fixed. The entire point of comfortable and fluid IR experience is never having to restart IR when working... ever... :) That's one thing that differs Corona IR from something like V-Ray RT.

2016-07-15, 12:06:54
Reply #49

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure, that would be the ideal situation - but I don't think that'll ever happen 100%. Using displacement just for one, will need recalculation whenever you zoom out or change the view angle. And then there are all those things that depends on Max, and can't be changed by Corona-team.

No reason not to have direct access to start & stop (freeze) even if they are going to be used less than now :)

2016-07-15, 12:51:12
Reply #50

Marciortiz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Focus picker like Octane has would be absolutely amazing

2016-07-15, 13:58:53
Reply #51

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Sure, that would be the ideal situation - but I don't think that'll ever happen 100%. Using displacement just for one, will need recalculation whenever you zoom out or change the view angle. And then there are all those things that depends on Max, and can't be changed by Corona-team.

No reason not to have direct access to start & stop (freeze) even if they are going to be used less than now :)

That was discussed already long time ago. Conclusion was that there should be a button to refresh displacement. But just displacement, that's it. It would not be restart render button, just recalc displacement ;) Everything else should in ideal case update in realtime.

2016-07-15, 17:43:11
Reply #52

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes I know it was discussed, but I don't agree with the conclusion.

In one of the daily builds the VFB drop down was staying at the last used option. That would do it for IR in VFB, but unfortunately it was changed back. Could this behavior be optional?

2016-09-06, 09:37:35
Reply #53

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Ondra,

can we have the option to save and load all the values of the items in the the post production Tab of the VFB?
For example into an xml file.
This would be extremely helpful, so I can save an xml file for each camera in my scene.

2016-09-06, 10:08:28
Reply #54

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
definitely will be added at some point, can you create a feature request for it?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-06, 10:43:17
Reply #55

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2016-09-06, 14:04:03
Reply #56

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
an inspiration...
V-Ray VFB redesign (proof of concept)

ps
i don't know if it has been posted somewhere already, so please forgive my ignorance

2016-09-06, 14:54:58
Reply #57

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
The weird blue UI is the worst thing about PDPlayer, so it's very weird that they've essentially copied it. Other than that, looks cool.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-10-13, 11:31:21
Reply #58

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please. Add the camera name to the VFB window. It could be helpful with batch rendering or animation sequence. Thanks

2016-10-13, 12:17:12
Reply #59

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please. Add the camera name to the VFB window. It could be helpful with batch rendering or animation sequence. Thanks
QFA, always wondered why it doesn't display camera name or view type.