Author Topic: can't view bitmap alpha channel with "view image" in corona bitmap  (Read 4162 times)

2016-01-28, 09:22:10

AndyQ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not a big thing but I want to check if this is a reproducible bug. In Corona Bitmap I have a 32-bit TGA loaded with alpha channel. If I click the "view Image" button (in the Crop/Place group) I get a popup window showing the image. If I then click the "display alpha channel" button the result is pure white. I know the bitmap has an alpha channel with masking areas in it - I can view it in Photoshop and Corona renders the image using the alpha channel correctly (it's a decal on a package, masked by the alpha channel with an irregular edge). So - the alpha channel is definitely there, it works fine in the Corona preview and final renders, it's just not viewable in the image viewer.

2016-01-28, 12:03:41
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hey, does it work different when Corona is not loaded, or when using the standard 3ds max bitmap node?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-02, 08:12:21
Reply #2

AndyQ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just tested in the same scene using the same 32-bit TGA texture map, with Corona set as the production renderer and using a CoronaMtl material. If I use a 3DS MAX "bitmap" (map) as a mask in a 3DS MAX Blend material it's fine - the alpha channel displays when I "view bitmap". If I use a CoronaBitmap instead the alpha channel won't display (just a full-size white rectangle), although it performs it's function as a mask without any problems.

The same thing happens if the CoronaBitmap is used to load a 32bit TGA in the diffuse slot of a CoronaMtl.

2016-02-02, 14:09:08
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks. I will try to create a bug report out of it.

2016-02-02, 15:11:37
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry but I cannot reproduce this. I am getting the same result with CBitmap and Max Bitmap (white rectangle). Could you provide me with screenshots? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

2016-02-03, 17:30:33
Reply #5

hubrobin

• Active Users
  • Light transport ninja
    • View Profile
Hey,
I was able to reproduce it and I have fixed it. Give it a go as soon as the next daily is out.

Cheers,
Robin

2016-02-03, 21:18:31
Reply #6

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I can confirm this.

The third CoronaBitmap + .tga related bug.
I didn't report it, because it seemed minor, compared to other .tga bugs, but since it's here - ye, got 500+ texture .tga library and all 100% show the same problem.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-02-09, 15:14:04
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hey AndyQ, there were some TGA improvements in the latest daily build, it would be great if you could check if you are still experiencing the issues.
Info on the improvements: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7238.90.html
Info on daily builds: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015
(you will need to install Corona_Dailybuild_2016_01_27.exe, and then install the newest version)