Author Topic: Corona Spherical VR mod - problem with Eye separation (IPD)  (Read 3041 times)

2016-01-18, 08:43:07

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hej,

I'm using Corona 1.4 from 2016-01-13. My 3dsMax units are set to centimeters and I've noticed that changing Eye Separation parameter has no effect on final image. One more thing I've noticed is that it looks like the real distance is much smaller, as 3d is barely visible (left and right image look almost the same).

I also did a test to check if I'm right:

I've made a VR camera:
Spherical ON
Spherical VR mod ON
Eye Separation 6,3cm
Eye front offset: 0,0cm
Converge Eyes OFF

In front of the camera (2 cm away from the camera) is a small box (1x1x1cm). It's grey, but it's left side is blue and right side is red). From what I know Eye separation in Corona is IPD (inter pupilary distance) in real world. So it means that there are 2 cameras, 6,3 cm away from each other. It means I should be able to see left (blue) side of my box with left camera and right side (red one) with right camera.

Changing Eye separation has no change at all.

Changing Eye front offset has some really strange effects.
For example setting front eye offset to -5 creates 2 boxes (still same scene).

Eye separation is THE MOST CRUCIAL thing in 3d, as it defines the scale of scene and distance of objects.

I hope it will help you guys!

Cheers,
Kuba

2016-01-18, 20:57:06
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
There was a bug, I fixed it in todays daily
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)