Author Topic: Rent to own-Subscription?!  (Read 2195 times)

2015-12-01, 09:29:01

Nupsi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I´m torn between buying the boxed version (more expensive but still yearly payments) and subscription (sweet and cheap, but you have to pay forever). Both options do not fit very well to my work, because 3D-Design is just a small part of my freelance-work. Maybe for people like me there is a third option possible called "Rent to own-Subscription" as Allegorithmic offers with its Substance Live. In a nutshell: You pay on a monthly basis (even pauseable) and if your payments reaches the full price (ie of the Boxed Version) you own it and could use it even after you stop or pause the subscription.

The benefits for people like me, who do not work as fulltime 3D-Artists, would be that buying Corona would become much, much more attractive!

I would love to hear other opinions and of course what the staff thinks about a rent to own-Subscription :-)

Best regards
Nupsi
P.S.: Please excuse my poor english ;-)

2015-12-01, 11:11:07
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just a small clarification so that this topic does not confuse others:
The "you have to pay forever" part - you can purchase the monthly license just for the time you need it, and cancel it any time without any penalty. You do not need to "pre-pay" anything. This sounds like a perfect solution for you, but obviously we do not know how often you would need Corona.

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-12-05, 10:37:37
Reply #2

Nupsi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi maru,

and thanks for the reply! The monthly subscription is a great solution for artists who needs Corona only now and then but for bigger projects. I do use Corona very differently. Sometimes very often but only for a few hours and sometimes very rare but for a long time. For the last part the monthly sub is a great deal, but for the remaining time the monthly sub just does´nt fit because I would have to pay the full month even if I need Corona only for 1 or 2 hours.

I´d love to buy the boxed version without subscription but I can´t find any infos about how much I would have to pay for an upgrade to a newer version?! Also all the bonuses and discounts are applicable only to subs which makes the boxed version without sub even more unattractive.

That´s where the rent-to-own or "sub-to-own" idea came up, which would be the perfect fit for everybody whose usage time is as unsteady as mine. It would combine the benefits of both, the boxed version which could be used for very small projects and the monthly sub which would became very handy for larger and longer projects.

Best regards,
Nupsi