Author Topic: Model in VFB  (Read 2967 times)

2017-01-18, 12:19:03

ezmario

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys.....

Searched the forum and didn't find this suggestion....

This must be really difficult to implement, but it would be next generation CG if we could select objects and edit within the rendered Frame Buffer.
with the interactive render now being so quick to respond, it seems almost possible to manipulate objects in a Quasi Real world Scenario.

Would think that the hardest part would be Max's inherent mono thread architecture..

Just putting it out there because I would love to actually almost grip the object to sculpt it.
Modify message

2017-01-18, 14:47:17
Reply #1

daniel-fleming

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
something like this?  occulus Medium

2017-01-19, 11:14:15
Reply #2

James

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Jamesmadethis.com
This would be amazing, but does sound a bit next next gen. I do find myself mistakenly trying to pick materials with the eyedropper from the interactive renderer sometimes or just clicking on objects. Shows just how intuitive it would be if it was possible.

2017-01-19, 14:20:00
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Before Corona could render in the viewport the way you describe it's up to Autodesk to work on some fundamental stuff that would needed to be done, for example gizmo and vertex/edge/poly overlay over the render output and probably faster data exchange between the core and the renderer. Corona does a great job at being responsive but as long as Autodesk doesn't put serious effort into this on their end no 3rd party can provide this functionality.

They have a new ideas page, make sure to request this if you want to see this in Max:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/idb-p/164/tab/most-recent

2017-02-22, 11:29:26
Reply #4

ezmario

• Users
    • View Profile
Good old Autodesk.

Always 2 steps forward. 2 steps sideways..

2017-03-11, 13:09:15
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, this is too sci-fi with the current ecosystem
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)