Author Topic: Spring 2015: Roadmap and Project Update  (Read 15563 times)

2015-07-03, 16:31:18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-07-03, 17:34:22
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Great! It was very exciting to read about future plans, but... i can't see anything about object space anisotropy fix in the roadmap. It was promised to be in v1.1, but now it's completely gone :/

Anyway, looking forward to displacement improvements!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-07-03, 18:04:46
Reply #2

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
faster sss? That sounds great.. But, i guess, no hair this year right?

2015-07-03, 19:10:45
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me, some of the productivity and workflow issues that need attention would be CoronaMultiMap inconsistencies fixes and a new seed parameter, a fix for glossy reflections through glass and object space anisotropy (I hoped this one would make it for 1.0). Next would be texture baking, it's simply a must. Revised displacement and faster SSS are nice, sure... but the missing stuff should be on this list somewhere, too.

Regarding the lowered costs or a new license version - both sound good to me. I'd actually pay for an additional low-end license for my home laptop without having to get a full featured version.

Looks like EUE was great this year, I really hope I can make it next time.

Edit
On second thought, it's admittedly very hard to cover all the needs within the short time from the release of 1.0 to 1.1, it's just not possible to make all of us happy, at least we have a roadmap to look at :) Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: 2015-07-03, 19:53:21 by pokoy »

2015-07-03, 20:23:08
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
For me, some of the productivity and workflow issues that need attention would be CoronaMultiMap inconsistencies fixes and a new seed parameter, a fix for glossy reflections through glass and object space anisotropy (I hoped this one would make it for 1.0). Next would be texture baking, it's simply a must. Revised displacement and faster SSS are nice, sure... but the missing stuff should be on this list somewhere, too.

Regarding the lowered costs or a new license version - both sound good to me. I'd actually pay for an additional low-end license for my home laptop without having to get a full featured version.

Looks like EUE was great this year, I really hope I can make it next time.

Edit
On second thought, it's admittedly very hard to cover all the needs within the short time from the release of 1.0 to 1.1, it's just not possible to make all of us happy, at least we have a roadmap to look at :) Keep up the good work!

It should be possible to make at least you happy. I agree with you that all the things you named (multimap consistency, seed, glossy artifacts through glass and UV anisotropy) should have already been done long time ago :)

2015-07-03, 21:33:50
Reply #5

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Wow Faster SSS :D !  I tought it is already fast enough even with the legacy build, can't wait to see that new speed :p

Also can't wait for the new Adaptive sampling in next  version 1.3, fantastic news Ondra :D !

2015-07-03, 23:35:04
Reply #6

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Is there going to be another hotfix update for corona bitmap stretching issues?

2015-07-04, 00:04:16
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it wil lbe fixed in the next daily

BTW this is not the final list - other smaller stuff will be also added/fixed
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-07-04, 16:02:22
Reply #8

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
It sure is great to see that such a proactive approach has been taken in order to ensure everybody gets a chance to use the software. I most certainly am super pleased that you guys value the community's input on this - it really makes it FAIR SaaS. Big, BIG kudos!

I for one don't mind users having discounted access (I support it) based on the country of origin but that might create some problems since you won't be able to envelop all of the countries with a "lower" standard and that will probably create problems on where to draw the line. I do like the initiative and I do support it ... and the Greece thing, oh man, kudos for that aswell!

With regards to the renderering software itself I find it production ready myself, I don't really miss anything so nothing but praise there. The roadmap seems nice and the displacement improvements are on their way which is really great.

The roadmap is really warmly welcomed and what I value most is the devs ability to get the community involved into the development of the renderer.

Keep up the great work! :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2015-09-01, 16:04:18
Reply #9

elindell

• Active Users
    • View Profile
dang, no texture baking anywhere on that map, I'm really surprised this isn't a bigger priority especially since so many use corona for arch viz, this would essentially make flythroughs very cheap to render, and potentially great for some game engine uses.

2015-09-01, 17:31:23
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
dang, no texture baking anywhere on that map, I'm really surprised this isn't a bigger priority especially since so many use corona for arch viz, this would essentially make flythroughs very cheap to render, and potentially great for some game engine uses.
ok, you win, I will investigate what it would take ;)

2015-09-01, 17:53:56
Reply #11

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

That's great. Very interested in this, too.

2015-09-02, 14:57:36
Reply #12

Neph

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What about Corona blend mtl?

2015-09-02, 15:09:02
Reply #13

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
already implemented in daily builds ;)

2015-09-02, 16:21:29
Reply #14

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
already implemented in daily builds ;)

Wow, great news. Is it going to be more like vray blend scheme with multiple slots or like standert blend in blend in blend matrjowka style?
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-09-02, 16:31:03
Reply #15

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It's called CoronaLayeredMtl and does pretty much what it says. You have a base material and multiple layers which can have masks and different opacities.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-09-02, 21:17:43
Reply #16

elindell

• Active Users
    • View Profile

fantastic! I understand it probably a hefty feature to add so will be awhile (if at all) but I and I know others appreciate you looking into it, thanks!

2015-09-06, 21:38:48
Reply #17

sensey_alexey

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi
As the roadmap for v1.3 says, Corona Standalone will get update and ported to Linux. But to work with Blender it will still need a good exporter, right?

2015-09-06, 23:03:42
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, exporter is needed because of blender license.

2015-09-07, 08:55:58
Reply #19

Bigguns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news Ondra about the skin and hair shader? It was supposed to be ready for this summer but I guess it would not be and it's not sadly in the road map in  a near futur :( any idea when it would be ready?

2015-09-07, 09:29:49
Reply #20

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
sadly, 2016

2015-09-15, 08:20:52
Reply #21

maxpyane_2k5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you add offset animated object option in CScatter just like Multiscatter or Itoo Forest Pack Pro?

2015-09-15, 21:43:53
Reply #22

Bigguns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sadly, 2016

Ho so sad :( why is it taking so long to implement ?