Author Topic: 1:1 Corona color RGB to Render.  (Read 3637 times)

2018-05-02, 18:49:35

lolec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm using Corona MutiMap together with Corona Color to assign specific RGB values to hundreds of objects, I need to find a way for the render to represent the exact Corona Color RGB value in the output.

What material will render as the exact RGB value I assign to it ? I tried light, but of course not. Maybe something like a toon?

What I need:

Assign some kind of material to an object, use corona color to control the RGB value, let's say RGB 30,30,30, in the final render, the whole object should be RGB 30,30,30.

Hope this is possible! Thanks!

2018-05-02, 19:25:16
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Use Corona light material for that. Uncheck emit light, plug CoronOutput (CoronaTonemapControl in v2) map into texmap slot and CoronaColor into its input, uncheck affect by VFB postprocessing. Make sure you don't use any luts in VFB. That should work.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-05-02, 19:59:49
Reply #2

lolec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Romulus, it doesn't seem to work :S

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong ..

Do I need V2 for that ?

Attached is an image of my setup and the max file, in case you have a minute to check it.

Thanks again!

2018-05-02, 20:50:02
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I can't open your file, i'm using max 2016, but maybe your issue is that you're inputing values in RGB and Corona VFB reports them as sRGB? If you're using Corona colour picker, then enter colour values with sRGB checkbox ticked on. Would that solve the issue?

2018-05-02, 22:51:24
Reply #4

lolec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was not using corona color picker, but disabling the "Input values are in linear color space" in the corona color did the trick !

I'm now struggling with anti alias. I need the cleanest possible edges, solid colors. If I set Image filter to none, I still get AA. The best result so far is using Tent and 1px width. Any advice on how to disable AA completely ?

2018-05-02, 23:52:40
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
To disable AA in Corona completely, you have to render image for a single pass. Set pass limit to 1 and hit render. There's no other way, i'm affraid.

2018-05-03, 08:41:07
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
There is a string option to disable AA, see

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000518663-string-options

"bool shading.enableAa = false"

Maybe that's what you want?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-05-03, 19:26:00
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I would do:
  • Render just single pass
  • put the multimap into CTexmap render element, use that render element output
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)