Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 135799 times)

2016-11-12, 23:18:04
Reply #135

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Considering new PBR workflow wouldn't it make more sense to have reflection and glossiness values "reversed", reflection to 1 and glossingess to 0.

2016-11-12, 23:40:59
Reply #136

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Considering new PBR workflow wouldn't it make more sense to have reflection and glossiness values "reversed", reflection to 1 and glossingess to 0.

+1 That make sense

2016-11-13, 14:42:13
Reply #137

Alexandre SCELLIER

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.alexandre-scellier.fr
+1 good subtle adjustment imho

2016-11-13, 14:56:44
Reply #138

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In that case, feature request it is.

2016-11-13, 18:09:37
Reply #139

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
It absolutely would not. AFAIK even 0 glossiness reflection still computes reflection rays. So you would have a material that defaults to pretty much diffuse material, but is a bit slower than current diffuse material for no reason. Simple diffuse material should be a default, and if that default would ever change, it would be sensible to have reflection at 1.0, but glossiness should stay 1.0 as well, so new people are actually aware there is some reflection going on.

2016-11-14, 13:22:58
Reply #140

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for another request reminder but I forgot about these the last time I asked.

ICC profile support, threads:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7630.0.html
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,3584.0.html

And this one, excluding backplate from DOF calculations (either on Direct Visibility maps in the Corona environment tab or generally as an option in CoronaShadowCatcherMtl for example), thread:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,8181.0.html

Both would be important to have in the long run, but I happen to need the latter very often in my daily work, I guess most product viz artist need this at some point.

2016-11-16, 12:23:32
Reply #141

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I miss daily builds Ondra!

To be honest I'm looking forward to get new dailybuild with triplanar mapping :-)

2016-11-16, 12:37:20
Reply #142

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
To be honest I'm looking forward to get new dailybuild with triplanar mapping :-)
AFAIK it will not be a Corona feature. It's now added in the 3ds Max update.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-16, 12:47:01
Reply #143

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
BBM is only available with the update for max 2017 though, so getting triplanar mapping in Corona 1.6. would still be good for all those on previous max versions.

2016-11-16, 13:03:50
Reply #144

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

We need to stabilize 2 or 3 features, and we are ready to go out ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-11-16, 13:06:55
Reply #145

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Speaking of improving and stabilizing - there is one thing which bothers me for quite a while.....
Could you send us instructions how to reproduce this? You could contact us about this at https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

I read your post, but still did not understand fully what was done here, and how to reproduce this. Just two guesses:
1. Maybe it has something to do with the wrong UHD Cache settings in 1.5? Have you tried this in 1.5.2? ("reset settings" in scene setup is required for the UHD Cache to work correct if the scene was previously saved with wrong settings!)
2. Did you drastically increase or decrease light intensities in LightMix? If so, then this is expected. LightMix should be used mainly to change lights' color, or to change their intensity only subtly.

2016-11-16, 13:44:21
Reply #146

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Are raw passes planned in a near future ? I use to comp my passes (Vray) in post in order to adjust texture albedos (diffuse filter) without affecting other image components (lighting, reflect...). This way, color correction become much more conservative. Currently, there is no diffuse filter equivalent in corona. example here

We can even look futher by implementing this kind of automatic masking and the ability to apply passes correction directly by clicking on the concerned object in the frame buffer. This+lightmix would be awesome !

2016-11-16, 15:20:38
Reply #147

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile

We need to stabilize 2 or 3 features, and we are ready to go out ;)

Thanks Ondra! And good luck with stabilizing these 2 or 3 features:)

2016-11-16, 15:27:53
Reply #148

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are raw passes planned in a near future ?
How about CShading_RawComponent? :)

2016-11-16, 15:27:57
Reply #149

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

I really hope it's not official :[

Damn Autodesk, they wait 10 years to implement trivial feature and then manage to release it at the most improper time :/
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures