Author Topic: Corona bump or displacement with bercon tiles  (Read 24616 times)

2016-08-03, 16:42:41
Reply #15

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm having issues usign Bercon Tiles to generate bump maps. Absolutly nothing happens ... I'm using the last dilybuild. Can you confirm this ? Is there a fix to be made ?
Regards.
Can you tell us more about the material setup? Some screenshot or a sample scene would be great.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-08-03, 23:20:40
Reply #16

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys!

It's seems to me I found the way how to make BerconTiles work as bump map.
Here is my approach. BerconTiles works differently in diffuse and bump slots, so I attached max file so you can check how it's done. Important things for bump map marked on attached picture with material settings.

Hope you'll find this helpful
« Last Edit: 2016-08-08, 19:11:48 by Bormax »

2016-08-08, 17:11:55
Reply #17

Alexandre SCELLIER

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.alexandre-scellier.fr
Here is a screenshot. I tried changing to Color #2 (as explained by Bormax) but it didn't work ...

Don't know if it's linked to Corona or BerconTile ... I can get the joints working when linked to the bump slot but the texture never shows up :/
« Last Edit: 2016-08-08, 17:19:57 by Alexandre SCELLIER »

2016-08-08, 19:05:01
Reply #18

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is a screenshot. I tried changing to Color #2 (as explained by Bormax) but it didn't work ...

Don't know if it's linked to Corona or BerconTile ... I can get the joints working when linked to the bump slot but the texture never shows up :/

Hi
You missed part which I've marked now with green and yellow colors. This is the part which makes joints to work as bump! Marked by yellow line is the same BerconTile map but without any textures in color slots. Blending mode in Composite map must be set to Multiply.
You can download max file and check everything there - it's attached to my previous post here (bercon-tiles_bump---max.rar - I renamed the archive :))
« Last Edit: 2016-08-08, 21:05:42 by Bormax »

2016-08-08, 19:15:06
Reply #19

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
The really good part would be a native material function that WORK all the time.

2016-08-08, 20:21:50
Reply #20

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Agree, advanced CoronaBump map is very wanted feature.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-08-09, 04:53:52
Reply #21

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
I wasnt talking about bump, i use bercon tiles every day at work, i know about walls and tiles plugin, but it uses the same bercon tiles, right now the bump and displacment is broken, and i dont trust in the relfection using the same bercon for the same reason, im just stuck with no other option.

2016-08-09, 09:30:27
Reply #22

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wasnt talking about bump, i use bercon tiles every day at work, i know about walls and tiles plugin, but it uses the same bercon tiles, right now the bump and displacment is broken, and i dont trust in the relfection using the same bercon for the same reason, im just stuck with no other option.

Displacement works but it uses alot of RAM and sometimes you need to set it to 1px instead of 2 to keep edges clean. Bump is where I could never get a result so i swapped to just using maps and photoshop. Though even without bercon Corona bump doesn't always seem right.

2016-08-09, 09:39:18
Reply #23

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did somebody try to render picture from my file? Does this way of bump mapping using BerconTiles works only for me?

2016-08-09, 09:40:53
Reply #24

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did somebody try to render picture from my file? Does this way of bump mapping using BerconTiles works only for me?

Sorry my reply was about when i originally started the thread, just saying that displacement did work but bump was the problem. i gave up after that.
I'll try it today though with your file.

2016-08-09, 14:27:20
Reply #25

Alexandre SCELLIER

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi
You missed part which I've marked now with green and yellow colors. This is the part which makes joints to work as bump! Marked by yellow line is the same BerconTile map but without any textures in color slots. Blending mode in Composite map must be set to Multiply.
You can download max file and check everything there - it's attached to my previous post here (bercon-tiles_bump---max.rar - I renamed the archive :))

Tried it the way you explained but still doesn't work :(
I'm about to try your file.

2016-08-09, 20:06:04
Reply #26

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Using the same method as previously I've made this brick wall. Maps for bump are just randomly cut out separated bricks from brick wall texture (they are not good quality, so I don't like how they look as diffuse map), but if you have set of prepared diffuse/bump/specular maps you can get better result. Geometry used here is a simple box. On pictures you can see how this box looks with bump map only, with bump+reflection maps, and with bump+reflection+diffuse map.

2016-08-11, 10:34:03
Reply #27

Alexandre SCELLIER

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What Daily Build are you using? I'm using the very last one.
I just can't make the texture bump working, only the joint does work, even with your file.
Regards.

2016-08-11, 14:50:48
Reply #28

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What Daily Build are you using? I'm using the very last one.
I just can't make the texture bump working, only the joint does work, even with your file.
Regards.

I use daily from 2016-08-05, Max 2014
You can try to use Output map and increase Bump Amount value there, like I've done it here. In this example Bump Amount = 40!
« Last Edit: 2016-08-11, 15:15:23 by Bormax »

2016-08-17, 10:26:31
Reply #29

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
You're not alone Alexandre, we're having the same problem here because it's integral to Walls & Tiles. Super frustrating, would really wish there was an alternative to bercon.