Author Topic: Corona Renderer 1.2 released!  (Read 22735 times)

2015-08-01, 08:20:24
Reply #30

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Report bugs and crashes to appropriate section, please.

It makes sense to have a discussion re: the current version in the very thread created for it, though? If you look at how many views topics in the Bug Reporting get vs this one for example you´ll notice this has already gotten more than 10 times the views of any bug report thread. When in hurry I´d rather take my chances on a popular thread where more people might have suggestions or a straight solution. Bear in mind we´re not only reporting bugs but working on paying projects and sometimes need answers sooner than later.

2015-08-01, 09:06:00
Reply #31

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can rest assured that devs monitors bugs reporting section as well as this topic. But it's much easier for single reports to be lost in a sea of irrelevant posts. You can still discuss them here, though.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-08-01, 09:19:31
Reply #32

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can rest assured that devs monitors bugs reporting section as well as this topic. But it's much easier for single reports to be lost in a sea of irrelevant posts. You can still discuss them here, though.

That´s besides the point which was the more views a problem gets the more likely I get an answer quick. I didn´t mean to imply I´d use the news section as a substitute for bug reporting :) Of course if I track down a clear bug I´ll report it but in cases like the one I asked about earlier I´d prefer checking out if it´s a known thing already before starting a whole new topic.

2015-08-03, 16:43:58
Reply #33

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Has that issue with the IOR set to 999 been resolved yet? I remember seeing the temporary solution was to use a coronacolormap with RGB each set to 100,000 to obtain the correct falloff, but I wasn't sure if this was still a problem.

**EDIT**

The issue was mentioned here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,8214.0.html
« Last Edit: 2015-08-03, 16:48:13 by steyin »

2015-08-03, 23:40:57
Reply #34

karnak

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I am also interested in steyin's question.
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2015-08-04, 21:17:21
Reply #35

samjmason

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great stuff!

one thing...;

I'm going to argue that until adaptive displacement is sped up it would be really useful to be able to turn it off.

My scene with lots of displacement has used to take 10sec for geometry to cook. now it takes 20 minutes and most of the time crashes the machine.

2015-08-04, 23:29:27
Reply #36

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
have you tried decreasing displacement quality?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-08-06, 13:23:38
Reply #37

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
There is a new version of Corona that should fix the sun crashes/problems. Get it here:
https://corona-renderer.com/download/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-08-06, 18:19:17
Reply #38

samjmason

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra - yes I have but it doesn't look nearly as nice. This is lots of craggy old architecture. . I have displacement at 1px and it wasn't slow at all. 87 million primitives.

Geometry took 10-20 seconds to cook.

With the new adaptive displacement. closer to 20 minutes.

Seems wrong that I should have to lower the quality of displacement with 1.2.

loving other improvements BTW. The fixed edges on displacement is huge.

2015-08-13, 19:19:11
Reply #39

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
Hi guys - one question about new displacement - does the geometry have to be turbosmoothed or quadified cause I have some shape drawn with splines and displacement is bugging me