Author Topic: Nordic Pack  (Read 24964 times)

2015-08-05, 19:48:50
Reply #30

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
But not at costs of other people's stuff. The single Icelandic HDRi from CG-Source costs 20 euro, that I see was used :- ). If I would continue counting the other assets I recognize it would be well over 10 times that.

Do I understand this right, the HDRI etc. has been "re-resold"?!  I had quite often realized 3d Models from e.g. 3dsky

Yes, correctly. Now if you think about it for moment it's quite funny too :- )

3DSky often uses commercial textures (Arroway/Evermotion,etc..). Some of the models shouldn't be uploaded or sold but hey....Russians. Then the model happens to get into another commercial package, multiplying this resourceful effect, re-selling someones-else stuff for second time. I guess it might continue..
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-08-05, 20:56:11
Reply #31

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Idea of multiplying ( I just learned "multilevel selling" should be the right term) is funny indeed. A new dimension of "Re"-selling but the aftertaste remains queasy. But I liked that you pointed out the abuse of a great product.

2015-08-08, 16:08:08
Reply #32

Malor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3DSky often uses commercial textures (Arroway/Evermotion,etc..). Some of the models shouldn't be uploaded or sold but hey....Russians. Then the model happens to get into another commercial package, multiplying this resourceful effect, re-selling someones-else stuff for second time. I guess it might continue..

Well, to be fair 3dSky admins started cleaning out models with non-transferable assets used, even banned some accounts. Intellectual property concept is very young in Russia.

It's actually a very funny story. 3dSky was started initially as a sharing resource for pros, with a tiny bit of income on the side. You upload 15 pro models per year, you get a pro account with unlimited free downloads for everything. A beautiful idea. Little did they know. Russian designers, who can't be bothered with modeling scenes properly, or paying someone else to do it, started hiring modelers to get them pro accounts and endless flow of free assets. Hired modelers were too lazy to actually model something, so they started to reiterate on older 3dSky assets(!), using ffd or different textures or just uploading 5 cushions, that take 20 minutes in MD. And the library is so big now, that it's nearly impossible to detect a duplicate. Now they have a shitfest thread on their forums a billion pages long, consisting of mutual accusations from artists, copyright violation claims, pointing at 3rd party assets, and admins reporting bans. It's a fascinating reading.

2015-08-08, 20:06:50
Reply #33

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I love 3dSky/3ddd, had a pro account since forever :- ). I only mentioned that as simple fact, I do in all honesty care absolutely little for "grey zone"....

It's like digging for gold nuggets, 99perc. of shit, but the rest ? Amazing, and basically for free. Because of 3dSky (but because we're also pretty good modelers ourselves..) I never needed to use some Evermotion stuff. 3dSky has always been superior. Just random.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-08-09, 01:01:23
Reply #34

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
agree 3d sky is the best and is up date with new things

2015-08-09, 04:43:01
Reply #35

Malor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tbh, i think Evermotion kinda got lazy over the years. Like, lots of their stuff only looks good in previews. Change the lighting and it's gone. And about 3dSky, when the whole sharing thing works and is not abused, it's actually wonderful. I think it's much cooler than 50$ sofas on turbosquid. And the fact that painstakingly crafted assets are not just used once and then stowed away, but are helping someone else is quite pleasing too. But this whole nugget digging routine gets quite tedious after a while. I think they should moderate just a tiny bit harsher. I once downloaded a 6 mil poly lantern. I think it was approved just based on preview.

2015-08-09, 11:02:43
Reply #36

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3d sky is cheap and every day has something new is always updated

every day I will see what they have done again