Author Topic: health Center WIP  (Read 2866 times)

2014-11-17, 07:49:39

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey all, just wanted to show one of my personal projects I am working on. I am not really a great architect but the design is simple enough. Wanted to focus more on the lighting and materials. let me know what you think and what I can do to improve this. I think my next project will be an interior though. exteriors are quite tough.

2014-11-18, 22:57:31
Reply #1

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another thing I am having trouble with is making the glass look better. Right now its pretty simple.

2014-11-19, 03:48:22
Reply #2

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
typically people would use hdri as an environment map to get natural (interesting) reflections in your windows.

2014-11-19, 07:13:10
Reply #3

padre.ayuso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
typically people would use hdri as an environment map to get natural (interesting) reflections in your windows.

Otherwise, martians like me, would add some interior to make the scene more interesting and do the reflections in Photoshop. :p

Otherwise, yes, since Corona works very well with HDRI, you should take advantage of that. Unfortunately, my main pipeline is still MR and MR in 3DS Max is not the best at handling HDRI.

Another thing, you should add some more environment, some more trees, etc. To make it more dramatic, change the time of the day to something that would be more plausible to the golden hour of photography, where you would get long shadows and warm colors. Then I'd add lights inside the building (which Corona handles beautifully just by adding a few lights here and there).

Also, add some reflections to the asphalt and if you are going to do the scene at the golden hour, light up trees and bushes and the key elements of your building.

Anyhow, hope that helps.

2014-11-19, 17:24:55
Reply #4

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Does anyone else think the composition could use some more sky? I want to move the camera target up more and give the whole building some more breathing room by zooming out, or widening the proportion of the frame.

2014-11-19, 17:44:52
Reply #5

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The scene already uses a HDRI. This one to be specific http://www.aversis.be/hdri/hdri-individual-10000/hdri-360-037.htm I guess its true that I haven't really filled the scene yet just focused more on making the building so far.

Composition is important as well that I haven't worked on quite yet. I know you see lots of wide angles being used, but I also keep hearing to stick to 45 as its more natural and people prefer it.