Author Topic: AMG GT 2014 Dortmund/Germany  (Read 12250 times)

2014-11-12, 13:03:33
Reply #15

Kaihes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Like this one. It should look like entire chasis is made of one piece which has been cut apart. Here it looks like two pieces that bend inwards into the area of the cut. So you can see reflection doing something looking like two bubbles next to each other. This is most common problem of the low quality models.

Ah okay,  I see :-) . I will talk to humster3d, perhaps they can fix it....

As for backplates, if you done them yourself, just make yourself (or get yourself) one that is either completely in sun or sky light, or completely in shadow, but ground area on which car will be placed should have no areas where shadows and light meet in contrast, like this one. These situations are solvable, but really difficult, so if you are just learning the process, then pick yourself easier scenario first :)

But you talk about the backplate and not the HDRI correct? I thought the only problem were the sunny spots in the car shadow, which has to be removed. Or is there anything else to consider?

2014-11-12, 13:22:49
Reply #16

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Backplate. I can not really imagine how could you remove them while keeping backplate looking pretty :)

2014-11-12, 13:29:25
Reply #17

Kaihes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have some exposures without the sun (it had been covered by some clouds), so that I can remove the bright spots, as soon as I'm sure where the car stands in the final image.

While I'm waiting for the repsonse of humster3d, does someone know if there is a tutorial for bringing the edges of the body parts on the same level? It should fix the distortion problem.

2014-11-23, 12:20:54
Reply #18

Kaihes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So I got a new model from humster3d. The side of the car looks better, but still not perfect. The complex design of the body seems hard to handle.

What do you guys think of the updated model?

2014-11-23, 13:15:43
Reply #19

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Still not perfect, but better. I suggest you try simple studio setup to see how car contours really look.

2014-11-23, 17:50:54
Reply #20

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
Not sure if the materials are final or not at this point but I've attached a markup with some material adjustment suggestions FWIW.
Workstation: AMD Threadripper 3970x with 128gb RAM and 2x Titan RTX GPUs (win10 pro)

2014-11-23, 19:18:14
Reply #21

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
For me everything seems greyish, washed out and plastic-looking. Maybe you should work on your carpaint shader and darken elements that are gray.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-11-24, 09:57:01
Reply #22

Kaihes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you guys, but the materials, the backplate, the position of the car and the HDRI are absolutely not final. I will start with them, as soon as the geometrie of the body looks good. ;-)

2014-11-26, 11:26:03
Reply #23

Kaihes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So this is the updated rendering, without photoshop. I guess I have to leave the model as it is and avoid humster3d in the future. :-(
But thank you guys for all your support. ;-)

2014-11-26, 11:57:02
Reply #24

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
So this is the updated rendering, without photoshop. I guess I have to leave the model as it is and avoid humster3d in the future. :-(
Can you point out what you specifically don't like in this model? I can't see nothing wrong in it, at least nothing that could stop you from making spectacular renderings.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-11-26, 12:45:42
Reply #25

Kaihes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well the main problem is the side door which still shows some weird distortions. (See the image before)
Furthermore they needed about a week to fix the main problems, but they forgot the distortions at the trunk, which I had to fix myself.
Unfortunately I don't have the skills to solve the weird distortions at the door.
But yes perhaps those problems are based on the complexity of the car itself, so blaming humster3d wasn't correct. I simply don't have enough experience to give a precise assessment.

Do you have some other tips, which could help me, to improve the renderings? :-)

2014-11-27, 11:06:51
Reply #26

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Well the main problem is the side door which still shows some weird distortions. (See the image before)
Furthermore they needed about a week to fix the main problems, but they forgot the distortions at the trunk, which I had to fix myself.
Unfortunately I don't have the skills to solve the weird distortions at the door.
But yes perhaps those problems are based on the complexity of the car itself, so blaming humster3d wasn't correct. I simply don't have enough experience to give a precise assessment.

Do you have some other tips, which could help me, to improve the renderings? :-)

Don't expect 100% accuracy on a 100$ model.
I'm working for Mackevision at Stuttgart, and we do a lot for Mercedes. I'm responsible for the CGi images for the brochure and the the configurator online (attachement). I worked about 1 month with the AMG GT and know the car from every angle (CAD files). The model here is just so inaccurate as we are used to from 100$ models. Most people can't model cars like the AMG GT. Or, did you ever asked yourself why you can't see Porsche models that much? Because it's a rounded design. To get those shapes right is a masterpiece only by using blueprints for example. Therefore you will find more people which is doing a Lamborghini for example, because with hardsurface modelling you mostly dont care about curvatures or smooth curves. If you are good at managing polyflows than you already got half the battle.
But this says nothing about the modeller skills (in this case humster3d). Nobody know the ambitions and amount of time he put into this model. So if you want to model a car within 5 days, than this result is solid.

Can you point out what you specifically don't like in this model? I can't see nothing wrong in it, at least nothing that could stop you from making spectacular renderings.

have to agree here. The model is good enough, to do great renderings for sure.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-27, 16:19:03 by Duron »